According top priority for safety & Punctuality and effective utilization of spare coaches/rakes as special trains, South Central Railway has excelled in its performance in passenger transportation segment by effective operational execution from top to bottom levels.
The Zone has been recognized as 2nd best zone over Indian Railways in growth rate of passenger Earnings during the last financial year, 2018-19.
The zone has made appropriate arrangements to facilitate passengers and to provide comfortable travel, result of this the zone has carried 383 Million passengers which is 4 million passengers more than the previous year (379 millions). This could be achieved due to effective coordination among all the departments.
Prompt and timely action taken by officials concerned duly assessing heavy rush periods like holidays, weekends, festivals and other important occasions has also helped in attaining this record.
Total earnings realized through passenger segment have touched Rs 4059 crore, which is 8% increase than the previous year (Rs 3749 crore). This growth rate of 8% increase is 2nd best when compared with other zones over Indian Railways.
Details of New Trains, Special Trains & Additional Stoppages during 2018-19:
- 10 new trains were introduced (including originating and passing through trains) which includes 3 prestigious Humsafar trains i.e., Lingampalli – Indore Humsafar, Nanded – Jammu Tawi Humsafar, Ajmer – Rameswaram Humsafar Express trains.
- 15 pairs of trains were extended to different destinations to provide additional travelling benefits for the required passengers.
- Frequency of 3 pairs of weekly trains is increased and made as daily trains.
- Additional stoppage is provided for 21 pairs of trains at various stations.
- More than 2000 Special Trains were run during last financial year. Importantly, SCR has run 191 Jansadharan specials to clear the extra rush of passengers of unreserved segment.
- 29 existing trains are permanently augmented with 64 coaches. In addition, regular trains were augmented temporarily with more than 10,000 coaches.
Shri Gajanan Mallya, General Manager, SCR appreciated the consistent efforts made by all the departments involved in transportation of passengers for achieving remarkable growth rate in passenger segment and earning recognition in National Level.
Source: South Central Railway
Kamakhya Railway station gets ‘World-Class’ Makeover
Date: April 24, 2019
Northeast Frontier Railway (NFR) has upgraded the facilities available presently at Kamakhya Railway station by adding more and more amenities for passenger. The station is being developed jointly with the Ministry of Tourism, Govt of India.
Among the facilities added are:
- 10 retiring rooms having free wifi, AC, TV etc for passengers have been constructed.
- A 10 bedded dormitory for male passenger having free wifi, AC, TV etc has been added.
- A 10 bedded dormitory for female passenger having free wifi, AC, TV etc has been added.
- A waiting hall having capacity to accommodate 120 passenger having Digital display system, mobile charging points, AC, free Wifi, separate Male / Female washrooms, Drinking water, TV and feedback system has been constructed.
- Additional seating arrangement has been provided in platforms.
- A Cafeteria has been added.
- Wall paintings by local artiste have been done to promote local culture.
- Construction of a Cloak room and renovation of water booths, toilets is under progress.
Kamakhya Railway station is becoming a very important railway station of N.E. region day by day. More and more long distance trains now originate from the station. Accordingly, the footfall has also increased by many folds.
It is to be mentioned that Kamakhya station has been made the originating station for a number of trains like Northeast Express, Kamakhya Yesvantpur Express, Kamakhya- LTT Express, Kamakhya – Anand Vihar Express, Kamakhya – Indore Express and many other mail/express & passenger trains. Passenger boarding these trains will now be able to avail these best in class amenities.
Source: Northeast Frontier Railway
To know more about recent developments of Railway: Click Here
( Please reach us at email@example.com for more information. )
Some Past Related Updates which might interest you :
23 Apr, 2019: NFR upgrades Rajdhani Express under Project ‘Swarn’