South Central Railway (SCR) has identified 11 routes for running trains by private operators, most probably from this year. Private entities were likely to oversee on-board activities in the trains and facilities to passengers while the Railways would look after operation costs, maintenance, crew and safety measures.
- SCR general manager Gajanan Mallya said, we are working on various modalities for operation of private trains and the tenders will be invited soon.
- The 11 routes identified for private trains include:
- South Central Railway has got a substantial budgetary allocation for the year 2020-2021.
- Towards infrastructure development, SCR has been sanctioned a staggering amount of Rs. 6846 Crore for the year 2020-21.
- For provision of TCAS between Manmad – Nanded – Secunderabad – Dhone – Guntakal and Bidar – Parli – Parbhani section the budgetary grant is Rs 100 Crore.