Shri. Sheel Kumar Mittal has been appointed as Director (finance) of Uttar Pradesh Metro Rail Corporation Limited (UPMRC) with effect from 31st July 2020. He graduated from Delhi University in Commerce and a Cost Accountant with MBA (specialization in Finance) having vast professional experience of more than 25 years in finance and accounts.
- Previously he served the organization (UPMRC) as GM (finance) since 8th December, 2014.
- During his tenure as GM (finance) at UPMRC, he was assigned overall control and management of Finance Section of UP Metro and CVO.
- With the working experience of 25 years, Shri. Sheel Kumar Mittal had the privilege of working with prestigious organizations like DMRC, UPMRC, NBCC etc.
- During his service at the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation as Additional General Manager (finance), he was responsible for the finances of property development, property business, land section and Contract management of various projects.
Project Directors appointed for Kanpur & Agra Metro projects:
Apart from this for implementation of Kanpur Metro Rail project and Agra Metro Rail project has appointed Project Directors for each Metro project in Agra and Kanpur as per the approval of Government.
- Shri. Arvind Singh selected as Project Director, Kanpur Metro Project.
- Shri. Arvind Singh is presently working as Chief Project Manager in Uttar Pradesh Metro Rail Corporation.
- He has been working with Lucknow Metro Rail Project from initial stages of project implementation since December 2014 onwards.
- He has done exceedingly well in implementation of Lucknow Metro Phase-1A Project in a very strict timeline and ahead of schedule.
- He was Chief Project Manager for construction of underground section and CCS Airport underground Metro station and completed this work of underground construction in just fifteen months.
- Presently he is posted as Chief Project Manager for Kanpur Metro project Priority Section and there also works are very well organized for implementation in this difficult time and civil construction of viaduct and stations is progressing fast.
- Shri. Arvind Kumar Rai is selected as Project Director, Agra Metro Project.
- Shri. Arvind Kumar Rai is presently posted as Chief General Manager in Chennai Metro Rail Corporation Ltd.
- Prior to that for nearly five years he worked in Dubai Metro and nearly five years in Delhi Metro Rail Corporation through General Consultants.
- He has also worked with the Land Transport Authority for Singapore Metro.
UPMRC invited applications for the post of Project Director for Kanpur and Agra Metro Projects (one for each project) in UPMRC vide advertisement No. LMRC/HR/Rectt./17/2019, dated 25th October 2019. Total fifteen eligible candidates have been shortlisted for the posts against the above notification.
Source: UPMRC-Press Release