Date of Post: 06 Sep, 2018
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh government has sent a detailed project report to the Centre for starting the services in Kanpur, Agra and Meerut, Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath said on Wednesday.
- “We have sent the DPR for starting metro rail in Kanpur, Agra and Meerut to the Centre. We are getting positive support and guidance from the Centre for expanding the metro network in other cities. Metro services have already started in Lucknow, Ghaziabad and Nodia,” the CM said while addressing a programme to mark one year of commercial start of Metro service in the state capital.
- The Lucknow Metro has helped people of the city and eased pressure on roads, he said.
- He said,“For people, Metro is not mere a transport service but is associated with the status symbol of the city also. People want to see that their city is a Metro city.”
- The chief minister said, “In a year 33 lakh passengers used the Metro here. It has eased pressure on roads and helped people reach their destination.”
- He hoped that by 2019 the phase-2 of Lucknow Metro will start.
Image Credit: LMRC
Deepak Kumar is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and analyst .
His focus is on new initiatives on the Railway Sector of India .
Please reach us at email@example.com for more information .