Jaipur: Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot said the government had not forgotten the work for the phase-2 of Jaipur Metro. The work on the first phase of Jaipur Metro was nearing completion, he said.
- The second phase of metro is proposed from Sitapura to Ambabari area.
- The CM said at the state-level golden jubilee celebration of the Rajasthan Housing Board in Jaipur,”We have not forgotten the work of Jaipur Metro’s second phase. We will also start it.”
- In the budget 2020-21, there were speculations about the second phase of Jaipur Metro, but there was no announcement about the launch in the speech.
- Referring to the development works done during the previous Congress government, Gehlot said various works were done to give Jaipur a modern look.
- The 2-kilometer long Phase 1B of Jaipur Metro from the Chandpole to Badi Chaupar has undergone successful trial runs and the metro is likely to be operational soon.