Date of Post: 31 Oct, 2018
The Surat railway station is going to be the 3rd station in India and the 2nd in Gujarat after Gandhinagar, which is to be developed as a world class facility under a Railway Ministry station redevelopment programme. The station will be equipped with several “airport-like” amenities under the ministry’s Rs 1 lakh crore station redevelopment programme.
- The Centre, the state government and the urban local body will pool land together, which is a first.
- The construction will start by January 2019.
- The total land area of the station will be 3,19,700 sqm and the built up area 57,739 sqm with the size of the concourse at 9,825 sqm.
- The area under commercial development would be around 5,07,054 sqm.
- The station will be a multi-modal transport hub with a bus terminal having a built-up area of 40,724 sqm.
- It will also have 5 road under-bridges and a parking space for 900 vehicles.
- It is expected to cater to around 3,49,684 passengers every day.
- The country’s first 2 world-class stations, Habibganj and Gandhinagar, will be ready by the beginning of the year 2019.
To know more about recent developments of Railways-
31 Oct, 2018 : Trial Run Conducted On Bolangir-Bhainsapali Railway Line
30 Oct, 2018 : India’s First Semi-High Speed Train “Train 18” Flagged Off
Narinder Sharma is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and marketing executive.
His interest is in the Railways , Metro and Transportation Sector of India .
Please reach us at email@example.com for more information .