The survey for the RRTS (Regional Rapid Transit System) corridor between Sarai Kalen Khan in Delhi and Panipat in Haryana is in progress, Chief Minister, Manohar Lal said recently. After the completion of this project, the commuters on this route would be largely benefited.
- As the rail corridor would also pass through Sonipat, it would benefit the commuters of this area also.
- Manohar Lal was speaking during the first day of the Monsoon Session of Haryana Vidhan Sabha.
- He said that six rail lines are being laid from Sarai Kalen Khan in Delhi under the Regional Rapid Transit System (RRTS) project.
- The Detailed Project Report (DPR) for Sarai Kalen Khan-Merrut corridor and Sarai Kalen Khan -Shahjahanpur, Alwar in Rajasthan corridor has been prepared.
- He added, survey work for the Sarai Kalen Khan-Panipat corridor passing through sonipat is in progress.
- Delhi-Ghaziabad-Meerut RRTS corridor is first of the three prioritized corridors planned for implementation in Phase-1.
- The other two are Delhi-Gurugram-Alwar and Delhi-Panipat Corridors.
RRTS Trains & stations
- RRTS Trains will be equipped with modern features like CCTV surveillance, Mobile/Laptop Charging points, Luggage space etc.
- All station and trains will have universal accessibility for specially-abled.
- Each train will have a Business Class and a Ladies coach.
- RRTS stations will be seamlessly integrated with other transport modes like Airport, Railway, Metro, ISBTs etc.
- The RRTS stations will be inter-operable ensuring that change of train is not required for moving from one RRTS corridor to another.