Vijayawada: Paris-based engineering and consulting company, Systra had submitted draft Detailed Project Report (DPR) for Metro rail project in the city. Representatives of the Systra will discuss the draft with officials of Amaravati Metro Rail Corporation (AMRC). After that the final DPR could be expected.
- Now, the Metro Rail will cover length of 77.2 km in the city.
- Earlier, it was only proposed for 26 km having two corridors.
- Based on the draft DPR, the AMRC officials raised some queries and they would be discussed on April 29 meeting.
- 3 corridors were proposed for Vijayawada Metro-
- Pandit Nehru Bus Station (PNBS)-Nidamanuru-Gannavaram
- Railway station-Jakkampudi
- In February last year, Systra started working on the DPR.
- The Systra formed a consortium with RITES to prepare the DPR.
To know more about recent developments of Vijayawada Metro: Click Here
( Please reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. )