The year 2019 brought defining change in 5-areas of the Indian Railways, including passenger experience, bringing in various trend-sets, freight logistics, manufacturing and in maintaining environment. However, Technology is going to be the growth driver in 2020, said Mr. Rajesh Agrawal, Member Rolling Stock, Railway Board.
- He said, the country looks forward to international technology platforms like Innotrans 2020.
- He said, the growth is expected not in exponential terms but in terms of transformation of technology trends.
- Mr. Agrawal emphasized, “Technology and innovation will be the mission for the Railways this year. For example, Skylo, led by Parthasarathi Trivedi from Stanford has successfully built and deployed a new technology to directly connect our Indian Railway coaches and their sensors over satellite. Most importantly, they are deploying this technology in India first with the Indian Railways.”
- Last year, Indian Railways has already set key milestones towards growth, achieving significant growth in manufacturing and producing record number coaches to meet the domestic requirements as well as to make the industry export-ready.
- It has also achieved the Nationally Determined Contributions (NDCs) that are set under Paris Agreement for making long-term environmental impact.