Union Minister for Information and Broadcasting Prakash Javdekar recently expressed confidence that three lines of Pune Metro will be operational in the year 2022. He was speaking in Pune at a press conference held following the ‘Disha’ meeting of the District Development Coordination and Monitoring Committee.
- The work has been completed from Phugewadi to Sant Tukaram Nagar and Anand Nagar to Garware College Metro line, the Minister informed.
- It will be operational by the end of March this year, he said.
- The initial process for the Hinjewadi Metro line has also been completed and the land transfer process will be completed by the end of March.
- Various issues including Pune Metro, Mula-Mutha River Sanitation Project, Solid Waste Management and Mid-Day Meal Project were mainly discussed in the meeting.
- The Minister also announced that the 12-km long stretch of first and second phases of the Pune Metro Rail Project will be completed by March 2020.
- He informed that the foundation stone for the Hinjewadi Line will also be laid by next month.