Mumbai: The MMRDA (Mumbai Metropolitan Region Development Authority) began laying tracks on Andheri (E) to Dahisar (E) Metro line-7. The metro track-laying work began on June 16 near the National Park and will continue for 2-3 days.
- The 16.475-km long Metro line-7 will have 13 stations.
- This metro line is likely to be ready by mid-2020.
- The rails imported from Japan were transported from Wadala yard using 70 feet trailer to the site.
- Civil work for Metro line-7 is expected to complete by December this year, an official said.
- The trial runs will start in early 2020.
- Metro Line 7 from Andheri (E) to Dahisar (E) is 16.475 km long elevated corridor with 13 stations.
- The 13 stations are:
- Andheri Metro (E)
- JVLR Jn.
- Pathan Wadi
- Pushpa Park
- Mahindra & Mahindra
- National Park
- It will provide interconnectivity among the existing Western Express Highway, Western Railway, Metro Line 1 (Ghatkopar to Versova), the ongoing Metro Line 2A (Dahisar to D N Nagar) and the proposed Metro Line 6 (Swami Samarth Nagar to Vikhroli).
- It shall facilitate smooth and efficient interchange with the suburban rail system and MRT system at Andheri, JVLR and Dahisar.