Date of Post: Nov 02, 2018
New Delhi: After the success of high-speed Train 18, the Indian Railways is planning to introduce the Train 20 in the country that will replace the Rajdhani Express trains on the network. The high-speed train is likely to be rolled out by 2020.
- Alike Train 18, Train 20 will also be developed at the ICF (Integral Coach Factory) in Chennai.
- For the first time in the history of Indian Railways, aluminium will be used for the manufacture of train coaches.
- The self-propelled, fully air-conditioned train is expected to run at a maximum speed of 160 kmph.
- The engine-less train will have CCTV cameras, diffused lighting, automatic doors and footsteps and a GPS-based passenger information system.
- Unlike the AC chair car, Train 20 will have next-generation sleeper cars.
- It will also have driver cabins at both ends.
- Once the Railway Board gives its nod, the ICF will float new tender and invite bids for the ‘Make in India’ project.
To know more about recent developments of Railways-
Narinder Sharma is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and marketing executive.
His interest is in the Railways , Metro and Transportation Sector of India .
Please reach us at email@example.com for more information .