Translink Infrastructure Consultants Pvt. Ltd. recently announced that the company has been declared as L-1 bidder for High Speed Rail Corridor project for preparation of General Arrangement Drawings (GADs) of Crossing Bridges over Rivers/Canals/Railways and Roads (Expressway, NH & SH and Major District Roads) and GADs of proposed Stations and Maintenance Depots for DPR of Delhi-Varanasi HSR Corridor.
- The proposed Delhi-Varanasi High Speed Rail Corridor is planned along major expressway, national highways, greenfield areas and may be passing through arterial roads of the intermediate city road network.
- Large number of bridges for crossing rivers, canals, railways and roads shall be required along the proposed alignment of the High Speed Rail Corridor.
- There are 12 stations planned in the proposed corridor including Delhi and Varanasi.
- There are 12 Maintenance Depots planned along the corridor.
In July this year, the National High Speed Rail Corporation Ltd. (NHSRCL) invited online open tender for the work Preparation of GADs for DPR of Delhi-Varanasi HSR Corridor.
- Tender No.: NHSRCL/CO/CONT./GAD/2020/12
- Completion period of the Work: 03 Months
Scope of Work:
- According to the tender document, the contractor is required to prepare GADs of the crossing bridges across rivers, canals, railways, and roads (Expressway, NH & SH and Major District Roads) for the proposed High Speed Rail Corridor. The Contractor is also required to prepare GADs (Layout Plan) of Stations and Maintenance Depots.
- For span configuration of crossing bridges, NHSRCL proposes to adopt and utilize & propose to use the existing standard set of superstructure for this project as detailed below. Any requirement of additional span of different length or nonstandard span shall be intimated to NHSRCL.
- Up to 45 m crossing length, Simply supported PSC box girders of standard spans 25m, 30m, 35m, 40m & 45 m shall be adopted. Beyond this, PSC box girders in continuous configuration (three / four spans) may be adopted.
- For crossing length 60m and beyond steel truss girders with deck slab in Simply Supported spans of 60m, 70m, 80m, 90m and 100m may be adopted. In unavoidable cases continuous configuration may be adopted.
- The works shall be carried out following NHSRCL’s Schedule of Dimension(SOD) for High Speed Rail and various clearances shall be as per codal provisions of the respective authorities.
- While preparing the GADs:
- Each GAD of crossing bridges must include key plan, half top and half bottom plan, and sectional elevation of the crossing bridge incorporating relevant details such as ground level & rail level as per Index Plan and Section provided by the employer, span length, pier and pier cap dimensions, centre to centre distance between two tracks (4.50m), and top width of the viaduct (11.90m – Straight section and 12.4m – Curved Section ). Station and Depot GADs must include general layout of the station/depot including tracks, platforms etc.
- Each GAD must also include title block, general notes, drawing nos. and space for NHSRCL drawing approval number.
- Contractor shall follow best industrial practices.
- Contractor shall comply/incorporate all the comments offered by the Employer on the Draft GADs before submission of the final GADs.