Kolkata: Trial run on the first phase of the East-West Metro corridor was successfully completed on Thursday. During the trials, officials checked the synchronization of platform screen doors with the train and other technicalities on Thursday.
- * The first phase of the East-West Metro covers 5 kilometers between Salt Lake Sector V and Salt Lake Stadium.
- During the trial run, the officials also checked the signaling system, alignment of doors with the platform among others.
- The stations in the first phase include-
- Salt Lake Sector V
- Central Park
- City Centre
- Bengal Chemical
- Salt Lake Stadium
- The trial run was started from Tuesday and Thursday, sources said.
- A report is being prepared by the Kolkata Metro Railway.
- Another report from the Kolkata Metro Railway Corporation Limited (KMRCL) is awaited.
- The KMRCL is the implementing agency for the 16.5 km long East-West Metro project from Salt Lake Sector V to Howrah Maidan.
- The KMRCL has already received the nod of the Railway Board for commercial services.
- 8 rakes from the Bengaluru-based BEML had already been procured for passenger services.
- The unique feature of the East-West Metro is that an underground tunnel has been constructed below river Hooghly for running the trial.