Union Home Minister Shri Amit Shah on Thursday flagged off the Delhi-Katra Vande Bharat Express from the New Delhi Railway Station and said it was a “big gift” for Jammu and Kashmir’s development. This is the second Vande Bharat Express, the first runs between Delhi and Varanasi.
- He said, “Delhi-Katra Vande Bharat Express is a big gift for Jammu and Kashmir’s development and for promoting religious tourism.”
- Shri Amit Shah was accompanied by Union Railway Minister Shri Piyush Goyal, Union Ministers Dr Jitendra Singh and Dr Harsh Vardhan.
- Train number 22439 New Delhi-Katra Vande Bharat Express will depart from the New Delhi Railway Station at 6 am to reach Katra at 2 pm.
- En route, the train will halt at Ambala Cantt, Ludhiana and Jammu Tawi for two minutes each.
- On the return journey the same day, train number 22440 Katra-New Delhi Vande Bharat Express will leave from the Katra Railway Station at 3 pm to reach the New Delhi Railway Station at 11 pm.
- Train 18 will ply on all days of the week except for Tuesday.
- The Railway Minister said, “Railways will connect the country from Kashmir to Kanyakumari before 15th August 2022.”
- Shri Amit Shah also said, “Railways should document its relationship with Mahatma Gandhi as it forms a significant episode in the freedom struggle.”
- Within 10 years, it will be one of the most developed regions of the country, he said.