Date of Post: 26 Feb, 2019
The recently launched Trainset developed in India , named Vande Bharat Express -Train18,will soon run on 3 new routes :
- Mangaluru-Hyderabad route .
These are the 3 new routes,which have been identified by the Railway Ministry for the new train to run.
- The Vande Bharat Express is one-of-a-kind high-speed train and has been developed with indigenous technology .
- According to a report,It is expected that an automatic signalling system will also be installed on these routes.
- The Vande Bharat Express was flagged off by Prime Minister Narendra Modi recently has been manufactured by the ICF (Integral Coach Factory),Chennai in a record time of 18 months.
- This is the country’s first semi-high speed train that is equipped with multiple world-class passenger amenities.
- In the coming years around100 more such Vande Bharat Express-style train sets will be manufactured.
- At present,the train runs between New Delhi and Varanasi and can achieve a maximum speed of 160 kmph and also helps reduce travel time due to its faster acceleration and deceleration technology.
- Moreover,the Vande Bharat Express takes approximately 8 hours reducing the total journey time by 25% to 45% to complete a rail journey between New Delhi and Varanasi.
- This Express train has been designed to replace all the Indian Railways’ Shatabdi Express trains.
- According to Railway Ministry,the new Vande Bharat Express boasts of several modern features which debut for the very first time on Indian Railways network.
- The train has been equipped with various state-of-the-art passenger facilities such as automatic doors with sliding footsteps,CCTV cameras,LED lights,on-board wifi entertainment,rotating chairs in executive class,GPS based passenger information system,bio-vacuum toilets etc.
- It has16 coaches in total with 2 Executive Class Chair Car coaches and 14 Chair Car coaches.
( Please reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. )