Continuing the commitment towards improving passenger comfort and satisfaction, Indian Railways planned to upgrade 140 rakes of ICF trains in 2018-19 under a scheme called ‘Project Utkrisht‘. Out of these, Western Railway was allotted 20 rakes for upgradation in 2018-19. Western Railway upgraded 19 rakes by March 2019, which was the highest in the Indian Railways.
The 20th rake was upgraded in the month of April ’19 and 3 more rakes have been upgraded in May 19. Thus, total 23 rakes have been upgraded till now over Western Railway.
According to a press release issued by Shri Ravinder Bhakar– Chief Public Relations Officer of W. Rly, the first upgraded rake of Western Railway under ‘Project Utkrisht’ was the Surat-Muzaffarpur Express, which was flagged off from Surat station on 28th Dec 2018. The rakes are being upgraded at a cost of Rs 60 lakh per rake.
The coaches in the above trains are painted with polyurethane paint as per the new beige and marron Utkrisht colour scheme. For neat interior and aesthetic appeal, the interiors have been decorated with anti-graffiti vinyl wrap of various designs in main door passage area and lavatory interiors.
Toilet interior is upgraded by provision of epoxy coating on the floor, stainless steel modified wash-basins and health faucets. Improved design soap and toilet paper dispensers, hygienic automatic personal seat dispensers for western toilets in First AC coaches have also been provided.
Dual flush valve for improved flushing in Lavatory and auto-janitors have been provided to control odour. Saving water is the need of the hour and Western Railway has taken several measures to conserve water. Two way bib cocks with water conserving aerators has been provided in the Utkrisht coaches.
Unified single information posters are at the doorway area, to replace the multiple stickers for a neat and tidy look. For an aesthetic feel high resolution printed heritage posters/scenic images are displayed in the coaches.Night glow seat number indication in the passage area for ease in identification of seats during night time is also one of the features of this rake.
It is worth mentioning that the efforts of WR for this work has been widely appreciated by the esteemed customers.
Shri Bhakar stated that Under Phase-I, 20 rakes were earmarked for upgradation, the work of which has been completed and in Phase-II, 38 rakes are to be upgraded. Till date 3 rakes under Phase-II have already been upgraded and the remaining 35 rakes is targeted to be completed by March 2020. Western Railway’s total 58 rakes will be running with Utkrisht coaches. The 23 rakes which have already been upgraded under project Utkrisht as follows :-
- Train No 19053/54 Surat-Muzaffarpur Express
- Train No 22909/10 Valsad-Puri Superfast Express
- Train No 19325/26 Indore-Amritsar Express
- Train No 12921/22 Surat-Mumbai Central Flying Ranee Express
- Train No 12959/60 Dadar-Bhuj Superfast Express
- Train No 12919/20 Dr. Ambedkar Nagar-Shri Vaishno Devi Mata Katra Malwa Express (1″ rake)
- Train No 12919/20 Dr. Ambedkar Nagar-Shri Vaishno Devi Mata Katra Malwa Express (2nd rake)
- Train No 12919/20 Dr. Ambedkar Nagar-Shri Vaishno Devi Mata Katra Malwa Express (3rd rake)
- Train No 12955/56 Mumbai Central-Jaipur Superfast Express (1″ rake)
- Train No 12955/56 Mumbai Central-Jaipur Superfast Express (2″ rake)
- Train No 19063/57 Udhna-Danapur/Varanasi Express
- Train No 22903/04 Sandra Terminus-Bhuj AC Express
- Train No 22969/70 Okha-Varanasi Express
- Train No 22972/71 Bhavnagar-Bandra Terminus Express (1″ rake)
- Train No 22972/71 Bhavnagar-Bandra Terminus Express (2″ rake)
- Train No 22928/29 Vadodara-Mumbai Central Express
- Train No 12993/94 Gandhidham-Puri Express
- Train No 12911/12 Valsad-Howrah Express
- Train No 22901/02 Sandra Terminus-Udaipur Express
- Train No 12903/04 Mumbai Central-Amritsar Golden Temple Mail
- Train No 12919/20 Dr. Ambedkar Nagar-Shri Vaishno Devi Mata Katra Malwa Express
- Train No 22972/71 Bhavnagar-Bandra Terminus Express
- Train No 12928/29 Vadodara-Mumbai Central Express
Source: Western Railway
Northern Railway Invites Tender for Installation of 4.7 MW Rooftop Solar across Stations
Date : May 24, 2019
The Northern Railway (NR) has invited tenders for installations of rooftop solar across multiple D and E category railway stations in its jurisdiction under Indian Railway Solar Mission. The total tendered capacity is 4.715 MW.
- The Railway authority is seeking developers for setting up 133 installations of 10 kW capacity rooftop solar systems and 677 installations of 5 kW rooftop solar systems.
- The scope of work include “Design, supply, installation, testing and commissioning of the rooftop solar power systems”.
- The selected developers may or may not be required to sign Annual Maintenance Contracts for the operation and maintenance of the plants.
- The last date for bid submission is June 6, 2019 and the techno-commercial bids will be opened on the same date.
- Developers will have a period of 9 months from the date of the award or the issuance of the letter of intent for completing the work on the project.
- The estimated cost of the project is Rs 26.2 crores.
- All bidders will have to submit an Earnest Money Deposit of Rs 14.6 lakhs along with their bids as a bid security amount.
To know more about recent developments of Railway: Click Here
( Please reach us at email@example.com for more information. )
Some Past Related Updates which might interest you :