Kochi: The Kerala Railway Development Corporation Ltd. (KRDCL), a joint venture of the railways and the state government, is planning to start work on the a Rs 55, 000-crore semi-high speed rail project connecting Thiruvananthapuram with Kasargod by next year.
- The Detailed Project Report (DPR) of the semi high speed rail project is currently in preparation stage and is expected to be completed in 5-6 months.
- A French company Systra has been assigned to prepare the DPR of the project.
- The 3rd and 4th rail lines will mostly be an elevated corridor.
- The 510 km-line will facilitate semi-high-speed trains running at a speed of around 200 kmph.
- When completed the time taken to travel between the Kasargod to state capital would be just 4 hours.
- The semi-high speed rail project is expected to be completed in 7 years.
Rail Analysis insights:The Detailed Project Report (DPR) of the semi high speed rail project is currently in preparation stage and is expected to be completed in 5-6 months.
To know more about recent developments of Railway: Click Here
( Please reach us at email@example.com for more information. )
Some Past Related Updates which might interest you :
29 Mar, 2019: RVNL IPO opens Today at price band of Rs 17-19 per share