Three bidders are in the race for Supply of 17,700 MT Head Hardened Rails (60 E1, IRS-T-12-2009, 1080 grade HH) for Kanpur and Agra Metro.
Based on technical evaluation of bids submitted for the subject tender on 11.01.2021, financial package of the following bidders is to be opened in accordance with the provision of Tender Document:
- M/s Jindal Steel & Power Ltd.
- M/s Mitsui & Co. Ltd.
- M/s East Metals AG
In February last year, the UPMRC invited tenders for Contract: KNPAGT-1.
The opening of Financial Package for tender KNPAGT-1 is scheduled at 11:00 hrs on 12.02.2021 at Board Room, Administrative Building, UPMRC Ltd., Near Bhimrao Ambedkar Samajik Parivartan Sthal, Vipin Khand, Gomti Nagar, Lucknow – 226010, Uttar Pradesh.
About the Metro Projects:
- Civil construction works of Kanpur Metro’s ‘Priority Corridor’ from ‘IIT to Motijheel’ is being executed at a fast pace in the post-lockdown period.
- On 7th December 2020, Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi inaugurated the construction of the Agra Metro Project via video conferencing.
- The Agra Metro project comprises 2 corridors with a total length of 29.4 km and connects major tourist attractions like Taj Mahal, Agra Fort, Sikandra with railway stations and bus stands.
- Uttar Pradesh Metro Rail Corporation Ltd. (UPMRC), a 50:50 jointly owned Company of Government of India and Government of Uttar Pradesh has been reconstituted as per the approval of the Government as a single SPV by rechristening it as “Uttar Pradesh Metro Rail Corporation Ltd. (UPMRC)” for implementation of Metro Rail projects in various important cities in the State of Uttar Pradesh and has been entrusted with the responsibility of implementation and operation of the rail based Mass Rapid Transit System (Metro) in Kanpur and Agra cities where Metro projects have been recently approved by Government of India.
- The projects shall be financed through equity contribution from Govt. of Uttar Pradesh (UP) and Govt. of India (GOI) and a soft loan from International Funding Institutions.
Source: UPMRC-Tender update | Image Credit (representational): HMRL