Four bidders are in the race for Design, Manufacturing, Supply, Installation, Testing and Commissioning of Heavy Duty Machine Room Less Elevators including Maintenance of 02 (two) Years during Defect Liability Period (DLP) and 01 (one) year comprehensive Annual Maintenance beyond DLP Period for Kanpur (Corridor I & II) & Agra (Corridor-I) Mass Rapid Transport System Project Phase-I under the Contract KNPAGE-03.
Based on general and technical evaluations of bids submitted on 09-12-2020 for tender, following four bidders have qualified for opening of their Financial Package in accordance with provisions of the tender documents:
- Ws Thyssenkrupp Elevator(India) Pvt. Limited Consortium
- M/s. Johnson Lifts Pvt. Limited
- M/s OTIS Elevator Company India Limited.
- M/s KONE Elevators India Pvt. Ltd.
In September last year, the UPMRC invited tenders for Contract: KNPAGE-03.
According to the tender document, this contract will be awarded to the Tenderer whose Tender has been determined to be substantially responsive and compliant to the requirements contained in the Tender Documents and who has offered the Lowest Evaluated Reasonable Tender Price.
About the Metro Projects:
- Civil construction works of Kanpur Metro’s ‘Priority Corridor’ from ‘IIT to Motijheel’ is being executed at a fast pace in the post-lockdown period.
- On 7th December 2020, Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi inaugurated the construction of the Agra Metro Project via video conferencing.
- The Agra Metro project comprises 2 corridors with a total length of 29.4 km and connects major tourist attractions like Taj Mahal, Agra Fort, Sikandra with railway stations and bus stands.
- Uttar Pradesh Metro Rail Corporation Ltd. (UPMRC), a 50:50 jointly owned Company of Government of India and Government of Uttar Pradesh has been reconstituted as per the approval of the Government as a single SPV by rechristening it as “Uttar Pradesh Metro Rail Corporation Ltd. (UPMRC)” for implementation of Metro Rail projects in various important cities in the State of Uttar Pradesh and has been entrusted with the responsibility of implementation and operation of the rail based Mass Rapid Transit System (Metro) in Kanpur and Agra cities where Metro projects have been recently approved by Government of India.
- The projects shall be financed through equity contribution from Govt. of Uttar Pradesh (UP) and Govt. of India (GOI) and a soft loan from International Funding Institutions.
Source: UPMRC-Tender update | Image Credit (representational): LMRCL