Shri Amitabh Kant, CEO, Niti Aayog and Shri Vinod Kumar Yadav, Chairman & CEO, Railway Board chaired the Pre-bid meeting of CSMT project on Friday via digital platform. Members (Infrastructure), Railway Board, GM, Central Railway and GM, Northern Railways also attended. Redevelopment of railway stations across India is a priority agenda of Ministry of Railways, Government of India. This agenda is being driven with full force by the Government with the participation of private players as a part of PPP. The Pre-bid meeting held today received huge response from the industry and developers & fund houses seemingly are very much interested in this investment opportunity.
The Pre-bid meeting was attended by about 43 prospective bidders, including:
- Developers namely:
- Adani Group, Tata Projects Ltd., Eldeco, GMR Group, JKB Infrastructure Pvt. Ltd, SNCF Hubs & Connexions, I Squared Capital, Kalpataru Power Transmission Ltd., Ace Urban developers, GR Infrastructure, Essel Group, Larsen & Toubro
- Architects namely:
- BDP Singapore, Hafeez Contractor, AECOM
- Fund houses namely:
- Anchorage Infrastructure Investment Holdings Ltd., Brookfield
- Consultancy firms namely:
- JLL, Boston Consultancy Group, KPMG, PwC India, EY
- Embassies namely:
- British High Commission
Invest India set up by DPIIT which is the National Investment Promotion and Facilitation Agency that helps investors looking for investment opportunities and options in India also attended.
About CSMT redevelopment plan:
- CSMT is a historic and UNESCO World Heritage site located in the heart of Mumbai city.
- The redevelopment plan encapsulates integration of various modes to make this railway station a multimodal transport hub as per the vision of Hon’ble PM of India.
- It will include segregation of arrival and departure, divyang friendly station, better level of services for passengers, energy efficient building and restoring the heritage site as per its 1930 levels.
- The CSMT railway station will function like a city centre rail mall where in addition to a passenger’s transportation needs, his daily needs are also fulfilled, like- Retail, F&B, Entertainment, Souvenir shopping.
- The aim is that most of his daily needs are catered to by visiting the railway station thus avoiding unnecessary travel within the city.
- The infrastructure at the redeveloped station is envisaged in such a manner that it promotes seamless integration from one mode to another mode.
- Upon redevelopment, it will provide multiple access points to passengers for easy commute and also a direct linkage between suburban railway, harbour line, long distance, Metro rail and commercial development.
- This will help in reducing the congestion while enjoying the enhanced heritage structure.
- Efforts would also be made to integrate the last mile connectivity so that passengers can be provided end-to-end solutions.
- Request for Qualification (RFQ) for redevelopment of Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus (Mumbai) on PPP has been invited by IRSDC vide NIT published on 20.08.2020.
- The RFQ document can be accessed on: http://irsdc.enivida.com/.
- The Applications due date is 22.10.2020.
- During the Pre-bid meeting, it was highlighted that at the RFQ stage the applicants would need to fulfil only the financial criteria that is minimum net worth (for developers) or minimum ACI (for funds) and the technical eligibility criteria has been dispensed with.
About the project:
- The CSMT project cost is of Rs. 1642 crore and the cost of Real estate is Rs. 1433 crores.
- The total real estate BUA is 25 lac sq. ft. at CSMT, WadiBunder and Byculla.
- The construction period is of 4 years.
- The selected bidder at the RFP stage shall take up the redevelopment of the Railway station and commercial development of the surrounding railway land on leasehold basis for 60 years for commercial development and upto 99 years for residential development on selected plots, along with operation and maintenance of the station for 60 years on concession basis.
Source: PIB-Press Release | Image Credit: MoR