The Chennai Metro Rail Limited (CMRL) has issued a Letter of Acceptance (LOA) to M/s AECOM India Private Limited for Selection of General Consultant (GC) for Chennai Metro Rail Phase 2 Project – Corridor 4 and part of Corridor-3 & 5.
- Tender No: CMRL-P2-GC-02-2021
- Name of work: Selection of General Consultant (GC) for Chennai Metro Rail Phase 2 Project – Corridor 4 and part of Corridor-3 & 5.
- Awarded Value: INR 165 Crores
- Work Completion Period (in days): 1890
In June this year, CMRL had invited a tender for Tender No: CMRL-P2-GC-02-2021.
The Government of India has approved the Chennai Metro Rail Project Phase 2 (hereinafter referred to as “the Project”) which is to meet growing traffic demand by constructing approximately 65 Kms with 70 Stations of Mass Rapid Transit System to mitigate worsening road traffic / traffic pollution and eventually lead to balanced regional development and improvement of metropolitan atmospheric environmental condition in Chennai Metropolitan Area.
The corridor wise detail is as following:
- Corridor 3 (Extension): Sholinganallur to SIPCOT excluding Sholinganallur station (10 Stations)
- Corridor 4: Light house to Poonamallee bypass (30 Stations)
- Corridor 5 (Extension): CMBT to Sholinganallur excluding CMBT & Sholinganallur stations (30 Stations)
The Construction Works is expected to be completed by June 2026.
The Phase II project is proposed to be financed through the Government of India, Government of Tamil Nadu and the Multilateral Development Banks, namely Asian Development Bank (ADB), Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) and New Development Bank (NDB).
Objectives of Consulting Services:
The consulting services shall be provided by a consulting firm (hereinafter referred to as “the Consultant”). The objective of the consulting services is to achieve the efficient and proper preparation and implementation of the Project through the following works:
- Document and Design Review:
- Review of Deliverables of Detailed Design Consultant (DDC)
- Review of preliminary design of System Contractors
- Review of detailed design of System Contractors
- Review of Survey reports
- Review of Primary and secondary data
- Basic Design for system packages.
- Preparation of Bid Documents and Tender Assistance.
- Construction supervision:
- Construction supervision of Civil and System packages including construction safety, installation, testing and commissioning
- BIM planning, supervision and integration
- Acting as Engineer on behalf of the Employer.
- Project Management:
- Facilitation of Implementation of Environmental Management Plan (EMP), Environmental Monitoring Plan (EMoP), Gender Action Plan (GAP) and Resettlement Action Plan (RAP), Livelihood Restoration Plan (LRP), Vulnerable Communities Plan (VCP) and Indigenous Peoples Development Plan (IPDP, if applicable)
- Knowledge Sharing
- Program Schedule
- Quality Assurance
- Technical Assistance:
- Assistance in Coordination with Stakeholders
- Assist in Coordination with Statutory Agencies
- Traffic Management Assistance
- Utility Relocation Assistance
- DLP management
- Coordination between different funding agencies
- O&M Assistance
- Interface between this GC (GC2) & GC1 (GC for JICA section)
About AECOM India Private Limited:
- With over 3,200 employees located in five regional offices and project offices across 26 states in India, AECOM has the resources and expertise to see projects through from concept to completion.
- Their interdisciplinary team of engineers, designers, planners and program and construction managers has been successfully executing major projects in the country across various sectors, such as urban development, transportation, environment, master planning and energy efficient building engineering.
- They have been involved in designing and completing more than 63 LEED-certified projects, over 5,000 kilometers of highway, 300 kilometers of metro rail and 14 sea ports.
- With a dedicated Smart Cities program, India is at the forefront of creating a new standard of living, working and leisure for residents and visitors.
Source: CMRL-Tender Update | Image Credit (representational): CMRL