The Bangalore Metro Rail Corporation Ltd. (BMRCL) on Monday has awarded Contracts for Construction of elevated viaduct from Central Silk Board Junction to K R puram & upto Baiyappanahalli Depot including 13 Elevated Stations [excluding Architectural Finishing of Stations], including Road widening, Utility diversion & other allied works of Bengaluru Metro Rail Project, Phase-2A. (Package 1 & 2)
- The Package-1 of award Value of Rs. 785.23 crores has been awarded to M/s Afcons Infrastructure Limited. The Completion Period of work is 30 Months.
- The Package-2 of award Value of Rs. 623.55 crores has been awarded to M/S Shankaranarayana Constructions Pvt Limited. The Completion Period of work is 30 Months.
In December 2019, the BMRCL had invited bids in two Contract packages for the construction of elevated section from Central Silk Board Junction to K R puram & upto Baiyappanahalli Depot including 13 Elevated Stations of Bengaluru Metro Rail Project, Phase-2A.
The Two Contract packages are:
1. PHASE 2A/P1/60(a): “Construction of elevated structures (Viaduct & Stations) of length 9.859 km from Chainage 0.000mto 9859.000mand 6 Nos of elevated metro stations viz, Central Silk Board, HSR layout, Agara, Ibbalur, Bellandur, Kadubeesanahalli including road widening, Utility diversion and allied works of Bengaluru Metro Rail Project Phase-2A”.
- “Construction of loops, ramps for road flyover at Central Silk Board junction of approx. length of 2.84 Km including Road widening & allied worksin Reach-5 line (R5/P4) of Bengaluru Metro Rail Project, Phase-2.”
2. PHASE 2A/P2/60(b): “Construction of elevated structures (Viaduct & Stations) of length 9.774 km from Chainage 9859.000mto 18236.000m and7 Nos of elevated metro stations viz, Kodibeesanahalli, Marathahalli, ISRO, Doddanekundi, DRDO sports complex, Saraswathi Nagar and K R Puram including 1.097 km length link line to Baiyappanahalli Depot, 0.30 km length Pocket track, Road widening, Utility diversion and allied works of Bengaluru Metro Rail Project Phase -2A”.
About Phase-2 Project:
Meanwhile, the Union Cabinet, chaired by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi, on 20.04.2021, approved the Bangalore Metro Rail Project Phase 2A (Central Silk Board Junction to K.R. Puram) and Phase 2B (K.R. Puram to Airport via Hebbal Junction) of total length 58.19 km. The total completion cost of the project is Rs. 14,788.101 Crore.
- Presently, implementation of Phase-2 project consisting of a total length of 74.84 km is under way, which consists of extension of existing two corridors viz. East-West (Purple line) and North-South (Green Line) Corridors comprising elevated sections and construction of two new lines Reach-5 and Reach-6.
- The East-west Corridor is extended from Mysore Road to Challaghatta in West end and from Baiyappanahalli to ITPL-Whitefield in East end.
- Similarly, North-South Corridor is extended from Nagasandra to Bangalore International Exhibition Centre (BIEC) in North end and Yelachenahalli to Anjanapura Township in South end.
- The trains operating on the present East-West and North-South of Bangalore Metro Rail Project (Phase-I) will be extended to operate on these extensions also.
- Two new lines, one of about 18.82 km from R V Road to Bommasandra (Reach-5) and another of about 21.5 km from Gottigere to Nagawara (Reach-6) will be constructed under Phase-2 of the project.
- Reach-5 is fully elevated with 16 stations and Reach-6 has an underground section of approximately 13.75 km with 12 stations and elevated section of about 7.5 km with 6 stations.
- DPR of Phase-2A envisages a New line (ORR Metro Line) between Central Silk Board (CSB) junction and K. R Puram of 19.8 km of Elevated section.
- Similarly, DPR of Phase-2B envisages an Airport Metro Line as an extension of ORR Metro line from K. R Puram to Kempegowda International Airport (KIA) of 38.4 km Elevated Section.
- Further, BMRCL is in the process of receiving a loan from the Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) to finance the Rolling Stock, Signalling and PSD works of Reach-6 (Part of Phase-2), Phase-2A and Phase-2B of Bangalore Metro Rail Project.
Meanwhile, BMRCL, a Joint Venture of Government of Karnataka and Government of India, has recently invited open bids through National Competitive Bidding (Single stage – Two Envelope System) for the “Detailed Design Consultancy (DDC) for Airport Depot at Doddajala and Remodelling of existing Baiyappanahalli Depot for Bangalore Metro Rail Project-Phase-2A & 2B.”
- RFP NO: BMRCL/Phase-2A&2B/Airport Depot & Byp Depot/DDC/2021/76
- Duration of Service: 36 Months
- Sale Period of Bid Documents: From 06.05.2021 to 05.06.2021
- Date & time of submission of bid: From 07.06.2021 to 14.06.2021 on all working days from 10.00 Hrs. to 17.30 Hrs. (IST) and on 15.06.2021 from 10.00 Hrs. to 15.00 Hrs. (IST)
Source: BMRCL-Tender Update | Image Credit (representational): BMRCL