The Gujarat Metro Rail Corporation (GMRC) has invited e-tenders for “Design, Supply, Installation, Testing and Commissioning of Ballastless track from Motera to Mahatma Mandir and GNLU to GIFT City in elevated section including connecting lines to Depot along with ballasted / ballastless / embedded standard gauge track, Ahmedabad Metro Rail Project, Phase II”.
- Tender No: GMRC/Track/Ahmedabad/PH-II/2022
- Name of Work: Design, Supply, Installation, Testing and Commissioning of Ballastless Track from Motera to Mahatma Mandir and GNLU to GIFT City
- EMD: INR 3 Crore
- Pre-bid Meeting Date: 02/02/2022
- Last date of submission of E-Tende: 05/03/2022
- Opening Date: 05/03/2022
Notes for the Bidder:
- Work experience of only substantial partner (partner with share of 26% or more in the JV / Consortium) shall be considered for evaluating of JV/Consortium.
- A management contractor is a firm which takes on the role of contract management as a “general” contractor of sort could do. It does not normally perform directly the work(s) associated with the Contract. Rather, it manages the work of other (sub) contractors while bearing full responsibility and risk for price, quality, and timely performance of the contract.
- (The similarity shall be based on the physical size, complexity, methods/technology and/or other characteristics described in Section VI, Employer’s Requirements. Summation of number of small value Contracts (less than the value specified under requirement) to meet the overall requirement will not be accepted.
- Value of successfully completed portion of any ongoing work up to last day of the month previous to the month of tender submission will also be considered for qualification of work experience criteria, provided at least 70% of the Contract value of work iscompleted. The details to be furnished in Exp. 4.2 (B) along with the Engineer / Employer’s certificate and other requisite details as mentioned in NIT/Tender Document. The Engineer / Employer’s certificate for ongoing works should not be older than threemonths from the tender submission date. For completed works, value of work done shall be updated to last day of the month previous to the month of tender submission price level assuming 5% inflation for Indian Rupees every year and 2% for foreign currency portions per year. The exchange rate of foreign currency shall be applicable 28 days before the submission date of tender.
- Substantial completion shall be based on 70% or more works completed under the Contract.
- For contracts under which the Bidder participated as a JV member, only the Bidder’s share, by value, shall be considered to meet this requirement.
- In case of a JV, the value of Contracts completed by its members shall not be aggregated to determine whether the requirementof the minimum value ofa single Contract has been met. Instead, each Contract performed by each member shall satisfy the minimum value of a single Contract as required for single entity. In determining whether the JV meets the requirement of total number of Contracts, only the number of Contracts completed by all members each of value equal or more than the minimum value required shall be aggregated.
- In case of Joint venture / consortium, full value of the work, if done by the same joint venture shall be considered. If the qualifying work(s) were done by them in JV/consortium having different constituents then the value of work as per their percentage participation in such JV/Consortium shall be considered.
- In case of JV/Consortium, change in constitution or percentage participation shall not be permitted at any stage after their submission of application otherwise the applicant shall be treated as non-responsive.
- (Participation by Subsidiary Company / Parent Company with credential of other Company.
- Applicant in the capacity of a Subsidiary Company as a single entity is not permitted to use the credential of its Parent Company and/or its Sister Subsidiary Company/ Companies unless the Applicant participates in tender as JV/Consortium with its Parent Company and/or its Sister Subsidiary Company/ Companies as a member(s) in JV/Consortium with minimum 26% participation each (as substantial member) forsuch member(s).
- Applicant in the capacity of a Parent Company as a single entity is not permitted to use the credential of its Subsidiary Company/ Companies unless the Applicant participates in tender as JV/Consortium with its Subsidiary Company/ Companies as a member(s) in JV/Consortium with minimum 26% participation each (as substantial member) for such member.
About the Project:
- The Ahmedabad Metro Rail Project Phase-II, having one corridor with a combined length (including Extension) of 26.91 km which include 22.838 km from Motera Stadium to Mahatma Mandir (Corridor-1) and 5.416 km from GNLU to GIFT City (Corridor-2).
- Corridor-1 has 20 stations and Corridor-2 has two stations along the route. All stations are elevated.
- The Surat Metro Rail project Phase I, having two metro rail corridors with a combined length of 40.35 km.
- Total 38 stations are proposed consisting of elevated and underground stations. First corridor is proposed from Sarthana to Dream city Line.
- The length of this corridor will be 21.61 km of which 6.47 km would be underground and the rest 15.14 km will be elevated.
- Second corridor is from Bhesan to Saroli.
- The length of this corridor will be 18.74 km, and will be completely elevated.
- The Gujarat Metrorail Corporation (GMRC) Limited is being financed from Agence Française de Développement (“AFD”) and Kreditanstalt fur Wiederaufbau (KFW) for Ahmedabad metro Rail Project Phase-II and Surat Metro Rail Project Phase-I.
- As per the requirement, GMRCL needs to Appoint a Third Party Auditor for Rehabilitation and Resettlement activities for both projects.
- As per the draft SIA report, total 118 PAFs for Ahmedabad Metro Rail Project Phase II and total 676 households for Surat Metro Rail Phase I, are getting affected due to the Metro Alignment, Station Box, Depots etc.
- The number of affected households/families may vary as per the design if any.
Tender documents can only be obtained online after registration of the tender on the website https://gmrc.nprocure.com.
Source: GMRC-Tender | Image Credit (representational): HMRL