Alstom, global leader in smart and sustainable mobility, has received the Global Top Employer 2023 certification for the first time, with certificates in 22 countries compared to 14 countries in 2022.
- This is the fourth consecutive year that the Alstom Group has received this distinction in Europe, the third year for the Asia-Pacific region, including India, as well as North America and the first year for the Middle East.
- Due to the ecological transition, Alstom must respond to a growing international demand for more modern and sustainable mobility solutions. With an order book of €85.9 billion, the Group maintains an excellent recruitment dynamic and is specifically targeting young talent to contribute to the challenges of smart and sustainable mobility.
Mr. Olivier Loison, Managing Director, Alstom India said “It is a proud moment for us as we have successfully retained our position as the only Top Employer in the Indian mobility industry for the third consecutive year. At Alstom, our people’s agenda has been at the core of our business outlook and this win is a testament to the sheer dedication and commitment of our employees. We aim to continue providing higher engagement to our diverse workforce and empower and support them in their career aspirations”.
- With a strong order backlog of over €4.7 billion from its operations, and optimism for the Indian market, the company continues its recruitment drive in 2023. With continued focus on hiring across the value chain – from production to methods, supplies, and functions, the recruitment will be a mix of engineers, technicians, and data science specialists.
- The team in India has grown consistently over the past few years, from 2,000+ full time employees in 2016 to over 10,500+ team members today. The company heavily invests in nurturing and training talent across levels, from young graduates to engineering experts to senior leaders who are contributing to smart and sustainable mobility.
- Today, Alstom is the only organisation in the heavy engineering and mobility sector in India to be re-certified. This is a testament to Alstom’s continued commitment towards creating a better workplace through excellent people practices.
Alstom invests in and trains its new recruits:
- In Alstom’s recruitment strategy, young graduates are particularly targeted. The company’s flagship Young Engineering Graduates Programme (YEGP) is an award-winning signature programme at Alstom India that has seen tremendous growth since its inception in 2015.
- Today, Alstom has over 1,700 engineering graduates who have been hired through this programme. The programme started from a small cohort of 51 engineers and has grown significantly with onboarding of 300+ fresh graduates in 2022, representing 17 states and 40+ universities and institutions.
- Moving forward in 2023, Alstom plans to hire 650+ engineering graduates from across 25+ states and 40+ universities and engineering institutions across India. The campus selection and evaluation process includes panel members from a cross section of business leaders, experts and HR professionals who identify the young talent to build smarter and greener mobility solutions for India and the world.
Learning culture at Alstom:
- To ensure the integration and development of its young recruits, Alstom in India counts on a strong internal learning culture. On average, 27 hours of learning is achieved per employee in India per year against the learning target of 21 hours per employee per year, using state-of-the-art technology.
- With a very broad catalogue, Alstom’s learning platform (iLearn) is notably digital and accessible anywhere, at any time from any type of equipment (computer, tablet, or smartphone). Alstom University offers immersive virtual reality experiences through its regional campuses, but also through the metaverse, using avatars and 3D models accessible from personal computers or using virtual reality headsets.
Profiles contributing to innovation and implementation of Alstom solutions:
- Alstom develops sustainable and smart mobility solutions. Throughout its value chain, the company offers a wide range of career opportunities in all functions, particularly in engineering, but also in procurement and project management.
- In line with trends in the tech sector, software engineering and cybersecurity are among the most dynamic functions. New jobs related to hydrogen are also highly valued.
About Top Employer certification:
- Top Employer certification recognises a company’s commitment to creating a better working environment for its employees and excellence in human resources policies and practices.
- The Top Employers Institute certifies organisations on the basis of their results in the HR Best Practices Survey. The survey covers six HR areas, divided into 20 themes such as people strategy, work environment, talent acquisition, training, well-being, diversity, and inclusion.
About Alstom India:
- Alstom is the only multinational sustainable mobility provider in India, to have a comprehensive portfolio of offerings to meet customer specific needs, from cost-efficient mass-market platforms to high-end technological innovations.
- Synonymous with the country’s ‘Rail Revolution’, Alstom continues to be a strategic partner in supporting India’s freight revolution and passenger movement. With 6 industrial sites and 4 major engineering centeres, the company not only caters to domestic project needs, but also delivers for many international projects.
- Supporting the government’s moderniszation initiatives, Alstom has been at the forefront of introducing several breakthrough technologies in India with world class rolling stock, rail equipment & infrastructure, signalling and services.
- Fully aligned with the country’s vision of Make-in-India and Aatmanirbhar Bharat, Alstom remains deeply committed to strengthening its local sourcing and supply chain ecosystem.
Source: Alstom- Press Release | Image Credit: Alstom