Alstom has been recognised as a Top Employer 2021 in India. Being the first and only organisation in this sector to be certified as a Top Employer, the recognition further reinforces Alstom’s inclusive culture that empowers continuous learning & dedication to a better world of work and exhibits this through excellent HR policies and people practices. Alstom has been certified in 5 countries in the Asia Pacific region this year India, Australia, Singapore, China and Hong Kong.
“At Alstom, we believe that people are the core to the development and progress of any organisation and providing a cohesive work environment is the basic platform which will ensure this progression is on track. This recognition as the only Top Employer in the Indian mobility industry is an honour and a testament to our persistent and continuous efforts, towards enabling a diverse workforce to flourish, even in the toughest of times. We are humbled by the certification which, once again, establishes that our team is our strongest asset,” said Alain SPOHR, Managing Director, India & South Asia, Alstom.
- Alstom has always been an advocate of people policies. In the recent past, when industries and organisations have witnessed disruptive environments, Alstom continued hiring new employees and has been mindful of their wellbeing.
- Be it adopting the work-from-home model, and collaborating with teams to achieving goals remotely, to being a diverse and inclusive workplace and transitioning hiring and onboarding processes to virtual platforms, to providing employee-assistance programmes such as online counselling sessions on physical and mental health.
- The Top Employers certification is fully in line with the Alstom In Motion strategy.
- Through collaboration with Top Employers Institute, Alstom will be able to benchmark its practices and internal processes to those of other companies from a variety of industries and determine its key strengths and lines of improvement.
- It will also serve to attract new talents, promoting a high level of employee experience and giving everyone the means to grow in their career.
“Despite the challenging year we have experienced, which has certainly made an impact on organisations around the globe, Alstom has continued to demonstrate the power of putting their people first in the workplace. We are proud to share this year’s announcement and congratulate all the organisations who have been certified in their respective countries through the Top Employers Institute programme,” said David Plink, CEO, Top Employers Institute.
- The Top Employers Institute programme certifies organisations based on the participation and results of their HR Best Practices Survey.
- This survey covers 6 HR domains consisting of 20 topics such as People Strategy, Work Environment, Talent Acquisition, Learning, Well-being and Diversity & Inclusion and more.
About Top Employers Institute:
Top Employers Institute is the global authority on recognising excellence in People Practices. We help accelerate these practices to enrich the world of work. Through the Top Employers Institute Certification Programme, participating companies can be validated, certified and recognised as an employer of choice. Established 30 years ago, Top Employers Institute has certified over 1600 organisations in 120 countries/regions. These certified Top Employers positively impact the lives of over 7 million employees globally.
Leading the way to greener and smarter mobility worldwide, Alstom develops and markets integrated systems that provide the sustainable foundations for the future of transportation. Alstom offers a complete range of equipment and services, from high-speed trains, metros, trams and e-buses to integrated systems, customised services, infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Alstom recorded sales of €8.2 billion and booked orders of €9.9 billion in the 2019/20 fiscal year. Headquartered in France, Alstom is present in over 60 countries and employs 38,900 people.
Alstom in India:
Alstom has established a strong presence in India. It offers a complete range of equipment and services, from high-speed trains, metros, trams and e-buses to integrated systems, infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. With more than 5700 full times employees, and in line with Government’s Make-in-India’ initiative, Alstom has been investing heavily in the country to deliver world class rolling stock, research & development and components to not only serve the domestic market, but also the rest of the world. We have four industrial sites in the states of Bihar (Madhepura), Andhra Pradesh (SriCity), Tamil Nadu (Coimbatore) and West Bengal (Kolkata). India also houses in Karnataka (Bengaluru), the largest Engineering centre for Alstom, outside of France. Additionally, Alstom has a localized sourcing and supply chain, to the extent that most projects are over 75% percent built from indigenous materials.
Source: Alstom-Press Release