Lucknow Metro Rail Corporation, which was confined to a city of Nawabs till date 23rd October 2019, was renamed and reconstituted as Uttar Pradesh Metro Rail Corporation Ltd. (UPMRCL). It was officially notified and proclaimed that all the civil construction work of Metros across the state of Uttar Pradesh will come under the domain of unified nodal body ie. UPMRCL with headquarters stationed at Gomti Nagar, Lucknow.
Last year, on 8th March, 2019 Lucknow Metro added another feather in its cap with the commencement of revenue services/operations on the 23 km long North-South corridor from Chaudhary Charan Singh Airport to Munshipulia. The time frame in which this project of phase 1A was executed and implemented proved to be a remarkable accomplishment for the Lucknowites.
In addition to this, Uttar Pradesh Metro has also earned the distinction of 6 National as well as International awards last year in various fields and categories.
Recognition awarded to UP Metro in the year 2019 were: –
- Indian Buildings Congress (IBC) Trophy
- National Energy Conservation Award, 2019
- Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents (RoSPA)- Gold Award
- “International Safety Award, 2019”
- Green Metro Rail System by The Indian Green Building Council (IGBC)
- On 10th January, 2019 LMRC was felicitated with the International Organisation for Standardization (ISO) 9001:2015 certificate in recognition of the organisation’s Environmental Management System, ISO 14001:2015 in recognition of the organisation’s Environmental Management System and Occupational Health & Safety Assessment Series (OHSAS) 18001:2007 certificate for the operation and maintenance of its Priority Corridor (from Transport Nagar to Charbagh) and Metro Depot.
After achieving these milestones Lucknow Metro was reconstituted as Uttar Pradesh Metro Rail Corporation Limited. The construction work of Kanpur Metro Rail which began on 15 November 2019 is in progress and is gaining momentum with each passing day. The ‘Priority Section’ comprising approximately 8.7 km stretch from IIT Kanpur to Motijhil is going on by leaps and bounds. The ‘Priority Section’ of Lucknow Metro was also of 8.1 km from Transport Nagar to Charbagh.
The construction work of priority section of Lucknow Metro was accomplished before the stipulated deadline. Now, the construction work of Kanpur Metro is also being done under the supervision of dynamic leadership of Shri Kumar Keshav, MD, UPMRC and his experienced team which is evident from the fact that Kanpur Metro project will overhaul the Lucknow Metro in breaking records on the go!
Source: Uttar Pradesh Metro Rail Corporation Limited