Share with your network
Easy Interference Waveform Generation for Interference Tests:
- Anritsu Corporation is pleased to announce the launch of its new Interference Waveform Pattern for 5G NR Receiver Test MX371055A and Interference Waveform Pattern for LTE Receiver Test MX371054A software.
- These tools generate 3GPP interference waveform patterns for testing the receiver sensitivity and throughput of both 5G and LTE user equipment (UE) and modules using the Vector Signal Generator MG3710E.
- Installing these tools in the MG3710E used in combination with the Radio Communication Test Station MT8000A and Radio Communication Analyzer MT8821C facilitates easy interference evaluation tests required by the 3GPP RF Compliance Test.
- The tools are designed to support both in-house pretesting for confirming compliance of Sub-6 GHz 5G and LTE UE and modules before the official 3GPP Compliance Test as well as for R&D to improve receiver sensitivity and throughput performance.
- In parallel with increasing 5G smartphone shipments, annual shipments of 5G Customer Premises Equipment (CPE) are increasing based on mobile-operator Fixed Wireless Access (FWA) services.
- In addition, manufacturer of automotive electronic equipment are developing 5G communications modules, such as the Telematics Control Unit (TCU).
- Moreover, alongside this growing market for 5G UE and modules, the same manufacturers are still developing LTE UE and modules for mobile operators who have not started 5G services yet.
- To sell 5G and LTE UE and modules, these equipment manufacturers must ensure that their products pass the 3GPP RF Compliance Test administered by a certified test organization.
- The Compliance Test is the final product evaluation before commercial release and failure to pass possibly requires redesign and retesting.
- Consequently, pre-testing during development is essential to avoid this risk.
- A vector signal generator is required to generate interference waveforms at pre-testing.
- Evaluation using interference waveforms is important in suppressing degraded receiver sensitivity and helps assure development of competitive UE and modules.
- Anritsu developed these two 3GPP-compliant interference waveform pattern tools to help engineers without specialist skills generate interference waveforms for easy interference tests.
- The Vector Signal Generator MG3710E supports receiver sensitivity and interference tests by outputting modulation waveforms up to 6 GHz and these new interference waveform pattern software tools facilitate output of different signal types.
- The MG3710E with Anritsu’s RF Conformance Test System ME7873 series supporting for 5G and LTE systems can perform the RF Compliance Test by certification organizations, such as test houses.
- Generate 3GPP-compliant interference waveform patterns for Rx tests of Sub-6 GHz band 5G and LTE UE and modules.
- These waveform patterns are also used by our RF Conformance Test System.
- Output required waveform pattern instantly by choosing from pattern list.
Target Markets and Applications:
- Target Markets:
- Manufacturers of wireless communications equipment, including smartphones, CPE, TCU, as well as manufacturers of electronic parts and mobile-network operators.
- Evaluating 5G and LTE UE/module Rx performance.
- Anritsu Corporation has been a global provider of innovative communications test and measurement solutions for 125 years.
- Anritsu’s philosophy engages customers as true partners to help develop wireless, optical, microwave/RF, and digital solutions for R&D, manufacturing, installation, and maintenance applications, as well as multidimensional service assurance solutions for network monitoring and optimization.
- Anritsu also provides precision microwave/RF components, optical devices, and high-speed electrical devices for communication products and systems.
- The company develops advanced solutions for 5G, M2M, IoT, as well as other emerging and legacy wireline and wireless communication markets.
- With offices throughout the world, Anritsu has approximately 3,800 employees in over 90 countries.
Source: Anritsu-Press Release