Bangalore Metro Rail Corporation Ltd., (BMRCL) a Joint Venture of Government of Karnataka and Government of India, has invited open bids through National Competitive Bidding (Single stage – Two Envelope System) for the “Detailed Design Consultancy (DDC) for Airport Depot at Doddajala and Remodelling of existing Baiyappanahalli Depot for Bangalore Metro Rail Project-Phase-2A & 2B.”
- RFP NO: BMRCL/Phase-2A&2B/Airport Depot & Byp Depot/DDC/2021/76
- Duration of Service: 36 Months
- Sale Period of Bid Documents: From 06.05.2021 to 05.06.2021
- Date & time of submission of bid: From 07.06.2021 to 14.06.2021 on all working days from 10.00 Hrs. to 17.30 Hrs. (IST) and on 15.06.2021 from 10.00 Hrs. to 15.00 Hrs. (IST)
Source of Funds: BMRCL is a Joint venture of Govt. of India and Govt. of Karnataka. This project is being executed under the aegis of Govt. of India and Govt. of Karnataka.
About the project:
- The Bangalore Metro Rail Corporation Limited is a joint venture enterprise of Government of India and Government of Karnataka, entrusted with the responsibility of implementation of Bangalore Metro Rail project. The Phase-1 of the project which is already under operation consists of 42.3 km with 40 stations. The East West Corridor is for a length of 18.2 km and North South Corridor is for a length of 24.1 Km. The underground section, which is 8.80 km in length, has seven stations including the interchange station at Majestic.
- The Phase-2 of Bangalore Metro Rail Project consists of Four Extensions to the existing lines and Two New Lines with a total length of 72.095 km with 61 stations (49 Elevated and 12 Underground).
- This Bid is for engagement of Consultant for the services of “Detailed Design Consultancy (DDC) for Airport Depot at Doddajala and Remodeling of existing Baiyappanahalli Depot for Bangalore Metro Rail Project – Phase-2A&2B.”
Brief about Phase-2 Project:
Meanwhile, the Union Cabinet, chaired by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi, on 20.04.2021, approved the Bangalore Metro Rail Project Phase 2A (Central Silk Board Junction to K.R. Puram) and Phase 2B (K.R. Puram to Airport via Hebbal Junction) of total length 58.19 km. The total completion cost of the project is Rs. 14,788.101 Crore.
- Presently, implementation of Phase-2 project consisting of a total length of 74.84 km is under way, which consists of extension of existing two corridors viz. East-West (Purple line) and North-South (Green Line) Corridors comprising elevated sections and construction of two new lines Reach-5 and Reach-6.
- The East-west Corridor is extended from Mysore Road to Challaghatta in West end and from Baiyappanahalli to ITPL-Whitefield in East end.
- Similarly, North-South Corridor is extended from Nagasandra to Bangalore International Exhibition Centre (BIEC) in North end and Yelachenahalli to Anjanapura Township in South end.
- The trains operating on the present East-West and North-South of Bangalore Metro Rail Project (Phase-I) will be extended to operate on these extensions also.
- Two new lines, one of about 18.82 km from R V Road to Bommasandra (Reach-5) and another of about 21.5 km from Gottigere to Nagawara (Reach-6) will be constructed under Phase-2 of the project.
- Reach-5 is fully elevated with 16 stations and Reach-6 has an underground section of approximately 13.75 km with 12 stations and elevated section of about 7.5 km with 6 stations.
- DPR of Phase-2A envisages a New line (ORR Metro Line) between Central Silk Board (CSB) junction and K. R Puram of 19.8 km of Elevated section.
- Similarly, DPR of Phase-2B envisages an Airport Metro Line as an extension of ORR Metro line from K. R Puram to Kempegowda International Airport (KIA) of 38.4 km Elevated Section.
- Further, BMRCL is in the process of receiving a loan from the Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) to finance the Rolling Stock, Signalling and PSD works of Reach-6 (Part of Phase-2), Phase-2A and Phase-2B of Bangalore Metro Rail Project.
Further details will be available on website: www.bmrc.co.in
Source: BMRCL-Tender | Image Credit: BMRCL