In continuation to the tender for Consultancy Services for inspection of manufacturing activities of Rolling Stock for Phase-2, the Bangalore Metro Rail Corporation Limited (BMRCL) has now invited Expressions of Interest (EOI) for Shortlisting of General Consultant for Rolling Stock Signalling and PSD works of Reach-6 Phase-2A and Phase-2B of Bangalore Metro Rail Project.
- EOI Notification No.: BMRCL/Phase-2/EOI No. 2RS-C
- Name of work: Shortlisting of General Consultant for Rolling Stock Signalling and PSD works of Reach-6 Phase-2A and phase-2B of Bangalore Metro Rail Project.
- Contract Period: 89 Months
- Date of Pre-bid Meeting: 05/05/2021
- Last Date for Seeking Clarification: 30/04/2021
- Date of Submission: 21/05/2021
- Date of Opening: 21/05/2021
About The project:
- BMRCL is proceeding with the implementation of Phase-2, 2A and 2B of the Mass Rapid Transport System (MATS) for Bengaluru.
- Presently, implementation of Phase-2 project consisting of a total length of 74.84 km is under way, which consists of extension of existing two corridors viz. East-West (Purple line) and North-South (Green Line) Corridors comprising elevated sections and construction of two new lines Reach-5 and Reach-6.
- The East-west Corridor is extended from Mysore Road to Challaghatta in West end and from Baiyappanahalli to ITPL-Whitefield in East end. Similarly, North-South Corridor is extended from Nagasandra to Bangalore International Exhibition Centre (BIEC) in North end and Yelachenahalli to Anjanapura Township in South end. The trains operating on the present East-West and North-South of Bangalore Metro Rail Project (Phase-I) will be extended to operate on these extensions also.
- Two new lines, one of about 18.82 km from R V Road to Bommasandra (Reach-5) and another of about 21.5 km from Gottigere to Nagawara (Reach-6) will be constructed under Phase-2 of the project. Reach-5 is fully elevated with 16 stations and Reach-6 has underground section of approximately 13.75 km with 12 stations and elevated section of about 7.5 km with 6 stations.
- DPR of Phase-2A envisages a New line (ORR Metro Line) between Central Silk Board (CSB) junction and K. R Puram of 19.8 km of Elevated section. Similarly, DPR of Phase-2B envisages an Airport Metro Line as an extension of ORR Metro line from K. R Puram to Kempegowda International Airport (KIA) of 38.4 km Elevated Section.
- Further, BMRCL is in the process of receiving a loan from the Japan International Cooperation Agency (hereinafter referred to as “JICA”) to finance the Rolling Stock, Signalling and PSD works of Reach-6 (Part of Phase-2), Phase-2A and Phase-2B of Bangalore Metro Rail Project (hereinafter referred to as “the Project”).
Details of corridors for which the Rolling Stock, Signalling and PSD works will be funded by JICA are given below:
|SL No.||Corridor Details||No. of Stations||No. of Depots||No. of Trains||Route Length (Km)|
|1||Phase-2, Reach-6: Gottigere to Nagawara (Elevated & Underground)||18* (12 underground & 6 elevated)||1||16 (96 cars)||21.5|
|2||Phase-2A, ORR Line: CSB Junction to K.R. Puram (Elevated)||13* (13 elevated)||1||16 (96 cars)||19.8|
|3||Phase-2B, Airport Line: K.R. Puram – KIA Terminal||18* (16 elevated & 2 at grade)||1||21 (126 cars)||38.4|
Scope of services:
Design the Consultant shall:
- Assist BMRCL in a detailed work plan, progress reports and implementation schedule for the Project to ensure effective monitoring and timely project outputs, and regularly update the same.
- Review and supplement the details/outline, design criteria, specifications, drawings, reports with the objective of deciding on parameters/ details to be included in the Bidding Documents.
- Review the interface design documents such as OMPD (Operational Modes and Principles Document), Detailed Interface Design (DID) document and Interface Control Documents.
- Review Interface Test Specifications and Test Procedures prepared by the Designated Contractors.
- Witness and validate of integrated testing and commissioning pertaining to Rolling Stock and Signalling and PSD.
- Validate the interface design pertaining to Rolling Stock and Signalling and PSD to ensure compliance with contractual technical specifications and international standards.
- Assist BMRCL in resolving technical interface issues.
- Provide support BMRCL to frame bid clauses related to revenue generation inside the train, introducing newer technology for monitoring and using smart Train Control and Management systems.
- Provide support of Revenue Generation avenues on Rolling Stock, Other Signal and PSD.
- Provide support to BMRCL to improve/newer technology.
2. Tender assistance:
Assistance in the Bidding Procedures:
The Consultant shall:
- Define technical and financial requirements, capacity and/or experience for Qualification Criteria taking into consideration technical features of the Project.
- Review bidding documents prepared by BMRCL in accordance with the latest version of Standard Bidding Documents under Japanese ODA Loans for Procurement of Design and Build together with all relevant specifications, drawings and other documents, and also review from the environmental and social aspects to ensure that the Bidding Documents incorporate the necessary environmental works and responsibilities to be implemented by the contractors as per EIA/IEE and EMP in consultation with environmental specialists contracted by BMRCL and BMRCL’s Land Acquisition Office.
- Assist BMRCL in issuing bid invitations, conducting pre-bid conferences, issuing addendum/corrigendum, and clarifications to bidders’ queries.
- Evaluate bids in accordance with the criteria set forth in the bidding documents of JICA funded portion. In such evaluation, the Consultant shall assist BMRCL to confirm that bidders’ submissions in their technical proposal including, but not limited to; site organization, mobilization schedule, method statement, construction schedule, safety plan, and EMP, have been prepared in consistent with each other and meet requirements set forth in applicable laws and regulations, specifications and other parts of the bidding documents.
- Prepared a draft of bid evaluation report and support for approval of the bid evaluation committee.
- Assist BMRCL in contract negotiation by preparing agenda and facilitating negotiations including preparation of minutes of negotiation meetings.
- Assist BMRCL in preparing a draft and final contract agreement.
3. Construction supervision:
Supervision during Procurement, Manufacturing, Installation and Commissioning Stage For the procurement, manufacturing and installation of railway systems such as rolling stock, Signalling, and PSD work, Consultant shall perform his duties during the contract implementation period of the contracts to be executed by the Employer and the Contractor. Standard Bidding Documents under Japanese ODA Loans for Procurement of Works will be applied to the Project.
4. Technology transfer:
The Consultant shall carry out the technology transfer as an important aspect in design and supervision works. The Consultant shall provide the opportunity to the BMRCL officers and staff to be involved in the working team of the Consultant during the design, contract administration and supervision works for their capacity building wherever possible. If requested by BMRCL, the Consultant shall brief and demonstrate the survey and design procedure, the construction supervision and contract management process and procedures. The consultant shall assist BMRCL and its staff to build their capacity as a part of on-the- job training under the Project.
Others details can be seen in the EOI documents and also available on web site: www.bmrc.co.in.
Source: BMRCL-Tender | Image Credit (representational): BMRCL