Share with your network
Bangalore Metro Rail Corporation Ltd., (BMRCL) invites open Bid from eligible, reputed and experienced Consultants (JV/Consortium Not Permitted) for Tender for licensing of vacant spaces for retail outlets at Namma Metro stations.
- Tender Reference Number: BMRCL/PD/RETAIL-15/2022-23
- Name of Work: Tender for licensing of vacant spaces for retail outlets at Namma Metro stations.
- Document Download / Sale Start Date: 05th January, 2023
- Document Download / Sale End Date: 20th February, 2023
- Pre-bid Meeting: 10th February, 2023
- Bid Submission Start Date: 05th January, 2023
- Bid Submission End Date: 21st February, 2023
- Tender Opening Date: 21st February, 2023
- BMRCL hereby invites interested bidders to submit Bids, as per the terms and conditions described in this Bid Document, for selection for award of a license to “design, establish and operate retail outlets at designated vacant spaces” in accordance with the terms of this Bid Document.
- The selection of the Licensee(s) shall be undertaken through an open competitive bidding process in accordance with the terms of this Bid Document
- Bidders are advised to be completely informed about the process and the terms and conditions for the selection of a Licensee before submitting their Bid, by careful study of the Bid Document, attending the Pre-Bid Meeting and making their own enquiries, as may be required, in accordance with the terms hereof, before submitting their Bid.
- Bidders are advised to carefully review the information provided in the Key Details appearing hereinafter. If any day specified in the Key Details, happens to be a holiday, the specified event shall take place on the next Working Day. Bids must be received in the office of BMRCL not later than the date and time specified in the Key Details. Bids which are received after the appointed time on the Bid Submission Date or are incomplete in any respect are liable to be rejected.
- Any corrigendum/addendum issued to the Bid document, shall be published on BMRCL’s official website and also intimated to the Bidders. It is the Bidder’s responsibility to submit its Bid taking into account all addendum/corrigendum issued.
- BMRCL reserves the right to accept or reject any or all Bids received, at its absolute discretion, without assigning any reason whatsoever.
Some of the main terms and conditions of the Tender are briefed as under:
|S. No.||Key Point||Remarks|
|1||Number of locations||Number of locations offered in the tender are 97|
|2||Total space offered||Total space offered in the tender is 1.46 lakh sq. ft. the area at each location varies from 200 sq. ft. to 33,000 sq. ft.|
|3||Tender Participation||One tender document is sufficient to participate against all locations offered in the tender|
|4||License term Renewal and Write of the first refusal||There is no provision for license renewal in this tender. However, a suitable provision has been provided to the successful bidder in this tender. The successful bidder has a “right of first refusal” for the next tender|
|5||License fee collection period||Monthly (on or before 10th of every month)|
- The vacant spaces identified are offered on “as is where basis” and the successful bidder can construct secured kiosks as per the concept plan approved by BMRCL. All necessary construction/changes/alterations to be done by the licensee once after obtaining approval from BMRCL.
- For electric power supply, based on the feasibility power supply will be provided. However, if for some reason BMRCL cannot provide power supply to the kiosk the Licensee has to make his own arrangement like drawing power from BESCOM, for which NOC shall be issued by BMRCL.
- However, for the power drawn from BMRCL, necessary wiring from the PD panel of BMRCL has to be done by the Licensee for the licensed premises and the licensee shall pay as per their consumption at the commercial rate applicable.
- In respect of water supply, if available at Metro Station, the Licensee has to draw the water from the available point of source. Necessary pipe lines and separate sub-meters have to be installed by the Licensee for the licensed premises and the licensee shall pay as per their consumption at the commercial rate applicable.
- With respect to sanitary connection, if a sanitary point is available at Metro Station, the Licensee may connect the sanitary line to the available designated manhole at his own cost. Necessary pipe line work has to be done by the Licensee.
Commercial vacant Spaces offered in the Tender:
- BMRCL wishes to offer commercial vacant spaces at metro stations mentioned in this tender document at Table S (II) Commercial Vacant spaces offered in the tender. The table S (II) contains the details of the stations, location code, approximate area (in square feet), layout details, the minimum reserved monthly license fee, the maximum license period, and Average Turn Over during any 2 cumulative years, out of 5 years.
- The area and location mentioned in table S (II) are tentative. BMRCL has a right to withdraw any space or reduce/increase the area mentioned in the table at any point of time without assigning any reason. After awarding of the tender, a joint inspection will be carried out with the successful bidder.
- During the joint inspection, the location and area in the specific station will be finalized and on a pro-rata basis, the license fee and the security deposit will be calculated and the License Agreement will be signed accordingly. The successful bidder can do any kind of business in the awarded space subject to permission under law/ the Government Authority and permitted under clause 6.5 of the Tender Document.
- This tender is intended to encourage both new entrants and also those in business for several years. Hence under this RFP, the previous experience is not counted except that the bidder should have the financial capacity and capability to commence and successfully run business activities by discharging all statutory obligations to statutory authority, payments for utility charges, compliance with all statutory laws besides payment of monthly license fee and other charges to BMRCL.
- Hence, the bidder should be positive in the last two financial years ending 2021-22. For the purposes of this Bid Document, net worth (the “Net Worth”) shall mean the sum of subscribed and paid up equity and reserves from which shall be deducted the sum of revaluation reserves, miscellaneous expenditure not written off and reserves not available for distribution to equity shareholders. ‘OR’ in the case of an individual, the sum total of Assets minus total Liabilities as certified by a Chartered Accountant.
- The Bidders shall provide details as per the format at Annexure III of Appendix I of Section VIII in the form of certificate(s) from statutory auditors specifying the Net Worth of the Bidder. Net worth criteria is not applicable in respect of the Start Up Companies Incorporated under the (Indian) Companies Act and Registered with the “Karnataka Innovation Technology Society (KITS)” Government of Karnataka and have obtained a certificate as Start -Up Company registered with them.
Average Turn Over:
- The Applicant may be any entity i.e. sole proprietorship firm, a partnership firm or a company having registered office in India Sr incorporated under companies act 1956/2013 or the form of Joint Venture (JV) or Consortium and should be having the following minimum average annual turnover /aggregate gross turnover from any business in the last 5 (five) financial years as given in the table S (II).
- The bidder shall have positive profit in any two (2) years out of the last five (5) years as per audited books of accounts. The Applicant shall submit audited financial statements duly certified by its Statutory Auditor including Profit & Loss account statement of last five financial years i.e. 2017-18, 2018-19, 2019-20, 2020-21, & 2021-22. For the bidder willing to participate in more than one (1) location, the eligible turnover of the bidder shall be cumulative of the number of locations as mentioned in clause 2.10.2 (iii) (a) of Tender Document.
- Bangalore Metro Rail Corporation Limited (BMRCL), a joint venture of Government of India and Government of Karnataka, is a Special Purpose Vehicle entrusted with the responsibility of implementation and operation of Bangalore Metro Rail Project.
- Bangalore Metro, christened as “Namma Metro”, not only adds to the beauty of Bangalore city skyline, but more importantly provides a safe, quick, reliable and comfortable public transport system. Besides this, Namma Metro is a major environment friendly addition to the Bangalore City as it significantly contributes to the reduction of carbon emissions.
- Metro services have been in operation on 56 KM on East-West corridor – 25.6 km long, starting from Baiyappanahalli in the East and terminating at Kengeri Terminal in the West and on 30.4 km North-South corridor commencing at Nagasandra in the North and terminating at Silk Institute in the South.
- This is the First Metro rail project in India commissioned with 750V DC Third Rail Traction on Standard Gauge.
The complete documents can be downloaded from www.bmrc.co.in
Source: BMRCL- Tender | Image Credit (representational): BMRCL
Be the first to comment