Bangalore Metro Rail Corporation Limited (BMRCL), a Joint Venture of Government of Karnataka (GoK) and Government of India (Gol), has invited sealed Tenders (Single Stage – Two Envelope System) through Local Competitive Bidding (LCB) for “Electrical and Mechanical (E&M) Works including Hydraulics, Fire Safety Systems, UPS & DG Sets for five Underground Stations, associated tunnel sections & five Elevated Stations in Reach-6 of Bangalore Metro Rail Project Phase-II.”
- Tender Notification No.: E&M-4/UG & Elev/Ph-II
- Name of Work: Electrical and Mechanical (E&M) Works including Hydraulics, Fire Safety Systems, UPS & DG Sets for five Underground Stations, associated tunnel sections & five Elevated Stations in Reach-6 of Bangalore Metro Rail Project- Phase-II.
- Completion period of work: 156 Weeks
- Sale Start Date: 13/09/2021
- Sale End Date: 18/10/2021
- Date of Pre-bid Meeting: 08/10/2021
- Last Date for Seeking Clarification: 4/10/2021
- Date and Time of Submission: 28.10.2021
- Date and Time of Opening: 28/10/2021
About the project:
- Bangalore Metro Rail Corporation Ltd (BMRCL) is a Special Purpose Vehicle (SPV) of Government of Karnataka and Government of India for implementing Bangalore Metro Rail Project. BMRCL’s Phase-I of the project comprises of East-West corridor (Purple line) between Baiyyappanahalli and Mysore Road stations of approximately 18.10 Km and North-South corridor (Green Line) between Nagasandra and Yelachenahalli stations of approximately 24.20 km.
- The total length of Phase-I of the project is about 42.30 Km with 40 stations. The two corridors cross at a common interchange station namely Kempegowda (previously known as Majestic) which is a two-level station. The mode of traction power is 750V DC Third Rail bottom collection.
- The track is of Standard Gauge (1435 mm). On the Purple Line, a maintenance depot along with full workshop facilities is located at Baiyappanahalli, adjacent to the Baiyappanahalli Station. On the Green Line, a depot is located at Peenya and connected to the main line between Peenya Industry and Jalahalli Cross stations. An integrated Operation Control Centre (OCC) for both the corridors is located at Baiyappanahalli Depot and a Back-up Control Centre (BCC) is located at Peenya Depot. Phase-I of the project was commissioned in June 2017.
- Further, BMRCL is proceeding with the implementation of Phase-II of the project. The sanctioned Detailed Project Report (DPR) of Phase-II envisages extension of existing two corridors viz. East-West (Purple line) and North-South (Green Line) Corridors comprising of elevated sections and construction of two new lines Reach-5 and Reach-6.
- The East-West Corridor is extended from Baiyappanahalli to ITPL-Whitefield in East end and from Mysore Road to Challaghatta in the West end. Similarly, North-South Corridor is extended from Nagasandra to Bangalore International Exhibition Centre (BIEC) in North end and from Yelachenahalli to Silk institute (Previously known as Anjanapura Township) in the south end. South extension is commissioned in January-2021.
- An elevated new line of about 18.82 km from R V Road to Bommasandra (Reach-5) and a new line of about 21.25 km from Kalena Agrahara (previously known as ‘Gottigere’) to Nagawara (Reach-6) is being constructed under Phase-II of the project.
- Reach-5 is fully elevated with 16 stations and Reach-6 has an underground section of approximately 13.75 km with 12 stations and an elevated section of about 7.50 Km with 6 stations.
Scope of Work:
BMRCL intends to invite suitably eligible and qualified domestic Tenderers to submit Tenders through National Competitive Bidding (NCB) for “Electrical and Mechanical (E&M) Works including Hydraulics, Fire Safety Systems, UPS & DG Sets for five Underground Stations, associated tunnel sections & five Elevated Stations in Reach-6 of Bangalore Metro Rail Project-Phase-I I”.
- The brief scope of works under this Tender (No. E&M-4IUG & Elev/Ph-II) includes the following: The scope of work for five (5) UG stations, associated Tunnels and five (5) Elevated Stations includes but not limited to:
- Carry out design verification and detail engineering.
- Electrical and Mechanical works including Supply, Installation, Testing and Commissioning of Hydraulic, Fire Detection and alarm, Fire Suppression System, UPS, DG Sets, BMS and HVAC works.
- The minor Civil works related to cable laying & firefighting system including cut outs and hooks required for erection of cable trays, erection of equipment, system and sub-system. Any minor opening may be filled with fire rated material.
- Providing Tunnel brackets, GI Supports and hangers for cable/wire containment system (tray, ladders, conduits, etc;) for all services, wherever required as per contract.
- Equipment delivery to site, installation, testing and commissioning of the Electrical & Mechanical system including integrated testing.
- Provision for control and monitoring for the above system.
- Interface and coordination with other designated system contractors and detailed design consultants.
- Preparation of working drawing (Shop floor drawings) and ‘As Built” drawings.
- Warranty obligations during Defect Liability Period.
- Preparation of operation and maintenance manual, training of maintenance/ operation personnel.
- Spares for the above systems.
- Earthing and lightning protection systems.
- The Contractor shall establish facilities for transfer of technology either independently or with a Partner of proven track record in relative areas for all imported systems/ sub-systems. The transfer of technology shall cover the areas listed out in Employer’s Requirements.
- BMRCL has appointed ‘Detailed Design Consultants (DDC)’ as detailed below for assisting BMRCL in preparing Technical Specification for the Electrical and Mechanical works and carrying out the detailed design work for this system. The approved design and drawings for construction shall be provided to the successful Tenderer under this Contract for the execution of the works.
- DDC for UG stations and Associated Tunnel is M/s. AECOM Asia company Ltd. for “Detailed Design Consultancy Services for E&M Works of 12 UG stations including Hydraulics, Fire Safety System, UPS & DG sets” (Approved Consultant) under BMRCL’s Contract Package no. BMRCUIDC/UGDD-PHASE-11/2015.
- DDC for elevated stations of Reach-6 is M/s. STUP Consultants Pvt Ltd, for viaduct and stations (Civil Works, Electrical and Mechanical works) (Gottigere station to Swagath Road station) under BMRCL’s Contract Package: BMR/DDC/Ph-2/R6 ElevatedNia & Stns/P2 209.
- The DDC will review and scrutinise the construction design/shop drawings development and submissions of the successful Tenderer and will clear the construction design/shop drawings after approval by BMRCL. An authorised representative of BMRCL will undertake inspection on behalf of BMRCL during the vendor selection, Manufacturing, Supply, Installation, Testing and Commissioning of Systems / Subsystems. BMRCL will monitor the Tenderer’s activities for work progress, quality assurance and for conformity to contract specifications and time frame. DDC /BMRCL will review the “As built” drawings submission of the Successful Tenderer.
- The Contractor will have to interface closely with E&M-DDC for Design Proof Checking and other detailed design consultants for civil structural & finishing works and other system wide Consultants & Contractors working on this project.
- The Contractor shall also carry out effective interface, coordination and obtaining statutory clearances from relevant Authorities like Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike (BBMP), Bengaluru Water Supply and Sewerage Board (BWSSB), BESCOM, Fire and Emergency Services Department, Electrical Inspectorate, KPWD, Pollution Control Board, Designated Contractors (Civil and Electrical) and any other stakeholders appointed by the Employer from time to time, during the Contract Period.
- The Contractor shall be responsible for carrying out Integrated testing and Commissioning of Electrical and Mechanical Services in co-ordination with designated Contractors under supervision of engineer. Also, carry out all statutory tests and trials necessary for obtaining sanction of the Competent Authority for opening the Electrical and Mechanical Services connected with public carriage of passengers and provide assistance and information as required by the appropriate statutory authorities in India.
- The Contractor shall be required to supply alt, undertake supervision of the entire works ment & Spares, Install/erection/replace and storation of all Electrical and Mechanical equipment and systems, during the Defect Liability Period (DLP) and provide guarantee for supply of spares for a minimum period of 10 years after DLP.
- The successful Tenderer will be required to set up a Project office in Bengaluru to enable their design/drawing development and the project construction work to be monitored and checked by BMRCL’s authorised representatives.
Source of Funds:
- Phase-II of the project is financed partly through equity participation by the Government of India (Got) and Government of Karnataka (GoK) and partly through loans from European Investment Bank (EIB), Agence Française de Développement (AFD) and other external agencies which are under finalisation.
- Presently, the work included under this Tender is funded by contributions of Government of India (Got) and Government of Karnataka (GoK).
Tenderers can download Tender documents from BMRCL website www.bmrc.co.in.
Source: BMRCL-Tender | Image Credit (representational): BMRCL