BEML Limited has received a letter of acceptance for Design, manufacturing and commissioning of 10 Trainsets (Sleeper) on Vande Bharat platform, from Integral Coach Factory, Chennai.
- Pursuant to Regulation 30 read with Schedule III of SEBI (LODR) Regulations, 2015, we hereby inform that BEML Limited has received letter of acceptance for design, manufacturing and commissioning of 10 Trainsets (Sleeper) on Vande Bharat platform, from Integral Coach Factory, Chennai. The total value of order is Rs. 675 Crores exclusive of taxes.
About Vande Bharat Express:
- Indian Railways launched India’s first indigenous Semi High Speed train, Vande Bharat Express. The first Vande Bharat Express train was flagged off on February 15, 2019, on the New Delhi Kanpur-Allahabad-Varanasi route.
- On November 11, 2022, Prime Minister Narendra Modi flagged off the fifth Vande Bharat Express train from Mysuru to Puratchi Thalaivar Dr. MGR Chennai Central. This is also the first such train in South India.
- The Vande Bharat Express can run up to a maximum speed of 160 kmph and has travel classes like Shatabdi Train but with better facilities. It aims to provide a totally new travel experience to passengers.
- Speed, Safety and Service are the hallmarks of this train. Integral Coach Factory (ICF), Chennai, a Railways Production unit, has been the forced behind a completely in-house design and manufacture, computer modelling and working with a large number of suppliers for system integration in just 18 months.
- BEML Limited is a leading multi-technology ‘Schedule A’ company under the Ministry of Defence, plays a pivotal role in serving India’s core sectors like Defence, Rail, Power, Mining and Construction by offering world class products.
- BEML operates in three verticals viz. Defence & Aerospace, Mining & Construction and Rail & Metro and has state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities located at Bangalore, Kolar Gold Fields (KGF), Mysore, Palakkad.
- BEML has very strong R&D infrastructure. BEML also has a nationwide network of sales and services.
Source: BEML- Press Release | Image Credit (representational): Southern Railway