Bentley Systems, Incorporated (Nasdaq: BSY), the infrastructure engineering software company, on 3rd august 2021 announced that its Seequent business unit has acquired Imago Inc, a developer of cloud-based software for the capture and management of geoscientific imagery. The acquisition will expand Seequent’s technology solutions portfolio while boosting cloud capabilities to help geoscientists and engineers solve earth, environment, and energy challenges.
- Imago’s cloud-based platform enables the capture, cataloguing, and review of drilling core and chip images from any source, to support every aspect of the geological process from exploration to grade control.
- Continued development of Imago’s machine learning will lead to a step function in the interpretation of geological data.
- Mining companies around the world applyImago’s solution in conjunction with geology data management and modeling tools to enable teams to make more confident, profitable decisions using instantly available, high-quality images.
- Seequent already integrates Leapfrog, Oasis montaj, Target, and Minalytix MX DepositwithImago’s solution, making it easy for geologists, engineers, and other stakeholders to extract knowledge and learn from geoscientific imagery.
- The goal is to unlock significant potential for mining and other industries, transforming image data into meaningful insights for geological activities.
Graham Grant, chief executive officer of Seequent, said, “It’s an exciting step to welcome the Imago team onboard to help advance Seequent’s progression into the cloud.We’re continually exploring ways to provide new technologies and solutions to solve workflow challenges, improve operational efficiency, and deliver greater value for our users who are working to solve some of the world’s major civil, environmental, and energy challenges. This acquisition demonstrates Seequent’s continued growth and our commitment to make a positive contribution to the industries we serve globally.”
Imago’s co-founderFederico Arboleda said,“As a small team in Phoenix and Perth, we’re excited to join forces with Seequent, as thiswill now allow us to substantially scale Imago’s solutions in mining and other markets. We founded Imago to help mining companies manage the high volume and size of geological images and unlock the great value in this geoscience imagery. Image data is an increasingly important source of data across the geosciences and can come from potentially any source, including core photos, hyperspectral, aerial photos, drones, and handheld devices. It will become even more important to transform image data into knowledge as automation needs increase.”
- Seequent, a Bentley company, is a world leader in the development of powerful geoscience analysis, modeling, and collaborative technologies for understanding geoscience and engineering design solutions.
- Our solutions enable people to analyze complex data, manage risk, and ultimately make better decisions about earth, environment, and energy challenges.
- Seequent software is used on large-scale projects globally, including road and rail tunnel construction, groundwater detection and management, geothermal exploration, subsea infrastructure mapping, resource evaluation, and subterranean storage of spent nuclear fuel.
- Seequent’s global footprint includes its Christchurch-based HQ and R&D centers in Christchurch and Canada with a network of offices across Asia/Pacific, Africa, South America, North America, and Europe,servicing organizations with leading subsurface solutions in over 100 countries.
About Bentley Systems:
- Bentley Systems (Nasdaq: BSY) is the infrastructure engineering software company. We provide innovative software to advance the world’s infrastructure sustaining both the global economy and environment.
- Our industry-leading software solutions are used by professionals, and organizations of every size, for the design, construction, and operations of roads and bridges, rail and transit, water and wastewater, public works and utilities, buildings and campuses, and industrial facilities.
- Our offerings include MicroStation-based applications for modeling and simulation, ProjectWise for project delivery, AssetWise for asset and network performance, and the iTwin platform for infrastructure digital twins. Bentley Systems employs more than
- 4,000 colleagues and generates annual revenues of more than $800 million in 172 countries.
Source: Bentley Systems-Press Release