Bharat Forge Infrastructure Ltd., a wholly-owned subsidiary of Bharat Forge Limited and Talgo India Pvt Ltd., a wholly-owned subsidiary of Patentes Talgo S.L. have collaborated together to set-up a joint venture which will engage into manufacturing high speed passenger trains.
- The alliance will also address in future large business opportunities in the Indian Railways sector and tap the upcoming domestic requirements in the field.
- The collaboration between BF Infrastructure Ltd. and Talgo India Pvt Ltd. will significantly contribute to the Government of India’s initiative of Atmanirbhar Bharat.
- The collaboration will help bring state-of-the-art and high-speed rail technology and solutions to the Indian Railways and other private operators that will serve under the overarching self-reliant vision.
- The proposed collaboration will also focus on setting-up manufacturing, maintenance and life cycle support hubs for new generation, energy efficient, lightweight aluminum high speed railway trains.
- The collaboration between the companies comes amidst the backdrop of the Indian Railway’s tender for the manufacturing and maintenance of 100 new generation lightweight energy efficient trains.
About Kalyani Group:
- Kalyani Group, established in mid 1960s, is an Indian multi-national with high technology, engineering & manufacturing capability across critical sectors such as Automotive, Electric Vehicles and Lightweighting, Industrial, Renewable Energy, Urban Infrastructure, Specialty Chemicals, and Engineering Steel with end-to-end capability and manufacturing footprint across India, Germany, Sweden, France, and North America.
- Guided by the visionary leadership of Mr. Baba N. Kalyani, Group Chairman, with strong emphasis on market leadership through technology and its over 10,000 strong engineering global workforce, the group today is a market leader in all its respective business segments.
About Talgo, Spain:
- Talgo is a wholly owned subsidiary of Spain based world leading high speed passenger train manufacturer i.e. Patentes Talgo S.L. with more than 75 years’ experience in design, manufacturing and maintenance of trains.
- Talgo trains come with unique technology that provides cost effective operation to the operator due to its light weight design.
- It also provides a safe and comfortable journey to the passengers with reduced journey time.
Source: Bharat Forge -Press Release | Image Credit (representational): Pixabay