BHEL has invited global Expression of Interest (EoI) for Selection of Partner for Joint working / Business Share for the requirement of Indian Railways of 9000HP Electric Locomotives.
The due date for submission of the Expression of Interest “For Selection of Partner for Joint working / Business Share for the requirement of Indian Railways of 9000HP Electric Locomotives” is extended. The due date now stands on 22/ 02/ 2021.
- Indian Railway is on a rapid expansion and modernisation drive for its rolling stock to increase the average speed of operations and to enhanced safety and comfort of passengers. In this regard they intend to move to high power 9000HP Electric Locomotives.
- BHEL is a regular supplier of traction propulsion equipment to Indian Railways’ production units for manufacturing of Locomotives by them. Ministry of Railways, Railway Board in this regard is expected to come out with a global RFQ 9000HP Electric Locomotives.
- The intent of this Expression of Interest hereinafter referred to as the “EOI” is to:
- Invite applications from interested organizations / companies who are willing to form a consortium with BHEL for offer submission against the future RFQ of Railway Board.
- Joint development and execution of the project for supply and maintenance of 9000HP Electric Locomotives.
- It is envisaged that the consortium consisting of selected partner and BHEL shall jointly fulfil all the requirements of the Railway Board’s RFQ for 9000HP Locomotives. This EOI shall also serve to fulfil the requirements of designing/ manufacturing complete 9000HP Locomotives as per draft RDSO specification no RDSO/2010/EL/SPEC/0108, Rev.‘2’ (https://rdso.indianrailways.gov.in/uploads/files/20201207_Specs%20% 26%20Standards_7MW_108_Rev_2_Final%20Draft.pdf) and its modifications thereof.
Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL) is a Central Public Sector Enterprise, wherein Government of India is holding 63.06% of its equity. It is an integrated power plant equipment manufacturer and one of the largest engineering and manufacturing companies of its kind in India having an average turnover of about USD 3-4 billion.
- The company is engaged in the design, engineering, manufacture, construction, testing, commissioning and servicing of a wide range of products and services for the core sectors of the economy, viz. Power, Transmission, Industry, Transportation, Renewable Energy, Oil & Gas and Defence with over 180 product offerings to meet the needs of these sectors.
- BHEL has been designing and manufacturing rolling stock for rail and urban transportation. BHEL has also been manufacturing Motors, Power electronics and Controllers for various transportation applications at its various factories. BHEL also has a Battery Packaging facility for space applications. In transportation sector, BHEL is into the manufacture of complete electric and diesel electric locomotives and electrical assemblies/components including traction motors, traction transformers, power & auxiliary converters and controls, gear wheels etc.
More details about the entire range of BHEL’s products and operations can be obtained by visiting website www.bhel.com .
Source: BHEL-EOI | Image Credit (representational): CLW