In continuation to the tender for construction of 9 elevated Metro Stations for Indore Metro project, the Madhya Pradesh Metro Rail Corporation Limited (“MPMRCL”- “the Employer”) has now invited online open e-tenders for the Tender Package BH-02: “Design and Construction of Eight (8) Elevated Metro Rail Stations including Viaduct portion within the stations and Transition spans on either side of the stations (AIIMS, Alkapuri, Habibganj Naka, Habibganj, M.P Nagar Zone-1, DB City Mall, Kendriya Vidyalaya and Subhash Nagar)” for Bhopal Metro Rail Project.
- Tender Reference Number: BH-02-EIB
- Approx. cost of work: INR 421 Crores
- Completion Period: 847 Days
- Pre Bid Meeting Date: 12-May-2021
- Document Download / Sale Start Date: 31-Mar-2021
- Document Download / Sale End Date: 10-Jun-2021
- Bid Submission Start Date: 03-Jun-2021
- Bid Submission End Date: 10-Jun-2021
- Bid Opening Date: 11-Jun-2021
Source of Funds:
The Employer has applied loans from the European Investment Bank – EIB (hereinafter called “Funding Agency”) towards the part cost of the Project, and intends to apply a portion of the proceeds of the loans for payments under this Contract. Disbursement of the loans will be subject, in all respects, to the terms and conditions of the Loan Agreements, including the disbursement procedures and the applicable guidelines of EIB (http://www.eib.org/attachments/strategies/ guide_to_procurement_en.pdf).
Scope of Work:
Brief Scope of Work:
- This scope of work is to be read in conjunction with the Employer’s Requirements set out in all the Tender Volumes.
- Design and Construction of all Civil, Structural, Roof Structure, Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing (MEP) works, Architectural finishes and Façade for 8 Elevated Metro Rail Stations including Entry/Exit, Foot Over Bridge (FOB), Viaduct within Station, Transition spans and provision for Solar Panel Installation.
- The Eight (8) Elevated Metro Rail Stations are AIIMS, Alkapuri, Habibganj Naka, Habibganj Station, M.P Nagar Zone-1, DB City Mall, Kendriya Vidyalaya and Subhash Nagar for Bhopal Metro Rail Project.
- Station names are tentative and are likely to undergo change as per the approval of GoMP.
- The design and construction of the Works shall be developed in accordance with the Employer’s Requirements and the Contractor’s Technical Proposals.
- The Works shall be designed for minimal maintenance through a 100-year operational life.
- The Contractor shall provide all the software confirmed in the Employer’s requirements in a timely manner to permit the Engineer to review the Contractor’s submissions.
- All the works in this Contract are covered under Schedule ‘A’, Schedule ‘B’ and Schedule ‘C’.
- The Schedule ‘A’ shall include Design and Construction of Metro Station including all Civil, Structural, Roof Structure, MEP works, Entry/Exit, FOB, viaduct within station, Transition spans corridors, ancillary building i.e. underground/surface water tank, pump room and DG room, lift shafts, escalator pits, staircases and provision for Solar Panel installation for all 8 Stations.
- The Schedule ‘B’ shall include Design and Execution of roof sheeting and all Architectural works in public and non-public areas which includes Concourse, Platform, Foot over Bridge (FOB), Entry/Exit structure, ancillary building, water storage tanks, pump rooms, DG Set, Pick-up and drop off bays for other modes of transport, foot path, plaza area; system rooms; construction of masonry/blockwork walls, mullions, tie beams, lintels, plastering, painting & cladding, flooring & ceiling etc, complete as approved by the Employer/Engineer.
- The Schedule ‘C’ shall include Design and Execution of Façade works including the required supporting structural elements as approved by the Employer/Engineer.
- The Schedule ‘A’ shall include Design and Construction of all Civil, Structural including roof, MEP works, Entry/Exit, FOB, viaduct within station, Transition spans corridors, ancillary building i.e. underground/surface water tank, pump room and DG room, lift shafts, escalator pits, staircases and provision for Solar Panel installation as detailed in the Employer’s Requirements, including but not limited to:
- Progressive Design Assurance (including Design Workshops and Design Gate.
- Review with the Engineer and Project Partners).
- All site surveys and setting out work.
- Site clearance and establishment of the site boundary.
- Offices for the Employer/Engineer, and the continuing maintenance and attendance.
- Casting yard and materials laboratory.
- Location of underground utilities through trial trench investigation at allpier/column and foundation locations.
- Utility retention/protection.
- Geotechnical investigation at all piers/columns of Viaduct/guideway and stations foundation locations.
- Ground treatment as and where required.
- Viaduct and station foundations, substructure, superstructure and platform roof.
- Viaduct and station drainage requirements.
- Shear connectors for track plinth and crossovers.
- Station entrances, Subways and Foot Over Bridge (FOB) structures.
- Multimodal commuter facilities at Entry/Exit Plaza level, Bus bays, pick-up/drop-off bays, street furniture (benches etc.,) kerb inlet, parking etc.
- MEP services including drainage, water supply, sewage disposal, lighting (temporary and permanent), auxiliary power, Fire Life Services and spare parts etc.
- Foundations for the MEP equipment (water supply pumps, fire fighting pumps, DB panels & AC outdoor/VRF units) in co-ordination with various service providers and Project Partners.
- Provisions for cut outs in the stations required for services in co-ordination with various Project Partners (system contractors).
- Interface, coordination and finalisation of design and installation with Project Partners.
- Provision for the installation and maintenance of Solar Panels on the Station Roof (supply and installation of solar panel to be carried out by Project Partner).
- Provision for installation and maintenance of Telecom Tetra Towers at stations and GSM Towers at each station or at a location to be approved by the Engineer (supply and installation of Telecom Tetra Tower and GSM Towers to be carried out by Project Partners).
- Provision for installation and maintenance of vertical and horizontal transportation within stations and entrances (supply and installation of lifts, escalators and travelators to be carried out by Project Partners).
- Providing and fixing MS/RCC staircases with railing at both ends for up and down lines for approaching the viaduct track bed from station platform as per tender drawings. All MS structures shall be painted with Epoxy paint of approved colour.
- Design, Fabrication, Supply and Erection of Pre-Engineered Building (PEB) roof Structure over platforms and trackway, Entry/Exits, FOB, any other structures including supporting columns, rafts, purlins etc., all complete including making provision for “first fix” structural arrangement for Passenger Information Displays (PIDs), Clocks, Cameras, Signage, solar panels etc.
- Façade loading shall be considered in the design.
- Provisions for Façade supporting structure.
- Access to the station roof for maintenance and cleaning.
- Provision for installation and maintenance of Traction Power, Signalling & Telecommunication, Automatic Fare Collection and Passenger Screen Door/Gate equipment (equipment to be supplied and installed by Project Partners).
- Temporary traffic diversion management.
- Temporary diversion of any utilities done to facilitate the construction activity.
- Road widening/permanent diversion works wherever required.
- Relocation/shifting/removal of all above ground utilities.
- Site reinstatement including median (width including pier and crash barrier) final landscaping, street lighting and roadworks as per IRC.
- Site health and safety management.
- Fire rating requirements as per relevant NFPA 130 / NBC 2016 codes.
- Site security management.
- Environmental management.
- Quality management.
- Training of the Employer’s Personnel.
- Shared work access to Project Partners.
- Rainwater Harvesting.
- Demolition and disposal of all resultant demolition materials for all structures including buildings, drains or any other structures, to facilitate the construction of the works under the Contract, including backfilling any part of the void created with suitable material and reinstate the area to match with the surrounding ground level.
- For stations located over road, temporary arrangement is to be made for providing a working platform at suitable height so that traffic runs below it, unhindered and safety of road use is ensured. This arrangement shall be maintained till completion of work. The working platform has to be covered with suitable material so that nothing falls on the road. A detailed scheme is to be submitted for approval before start of work. Temporary staging with loading deck shall be provided by the civil contractor to facilitate erection of Panels, equipment etc. of Project Partners (system contractors) at multiple stations at same time.
- The Transition pier(s) and pier cap are designed and constructed by the Viaduct Contractor. Transition span (approx. 5m long) Superstructure (refer Volume VI) on both ends of Stations including bearing pedestals and bearings shall be designed and constructed with proper drainage arrangement by the Station Contractor. Foundations of end piers of the stations shall be designed and constructed accommodating existing Transition pier(s) foundation. The Station contractor shall co-ordinate with Viaduct Contractor for transition spans.
- The parapets for Transition spans shall be supplied by Viaduct Contractor. The Station Contractor shall install the parapets on Transition spans (approx. 5m long) on either side of the station structure.
- Some of the major utilities which cannot be diverted if decided by the utility owning agency, the Contractor shall take into consideration the existence of these utilities and design the foundation at these locations accordingly, if required, the pile cap top level shall be fixed at the bottom of the utilities without any extra cost.
- The Schedule ‘A’ shall include any other item of work as may be required to be carried out for completing the construction and commissioning of station buildings including viaduct within station and transition span with all necessary interface works with Project Partners in all respects in accordance with provision of the contract and to ensure the structural stability and safety during and after construction and commissioning.
Tenderers may download the tender documents from the official e-portal https://etenders.gov.in/eprocure/app.
Source: MPMRCL-Tender | Image Credit (representational): MPMRCL