Share with your network
Bangalore: After almost a month, the Bangalore Metro Rail Corporation Limited (BMRCL) has resumed work for the Phase-2 of the Metro rail project. Around 1,350 workers haves started construction work at 45 locations in the city, including Kengeri and Anjanapura extension. Also, work in casting yards has begun.
- Works have not been taken in any sites which comes under containment zones declared by the BBMP.
- Measures have been taken at the sites to ensure that workers maintain physical distance from each other.
- The BMRCL has planned to plan to complete the Kengeri line by August and the Anjanapura line by November.
- Most of the civil work on these extension lines is over.
- An official said, we are hoping to finish them by the end of the year.
- For containment of COVID -19, The Metro train are still suspended since the lockdown and for keeping the Metro System on hot standby and power on mode, one testing train each in the morning and evening are run on both the lines.
Image : Bangalore Metro
Be the first to comment