The Union Cabinet, chaired by the Hon’ble Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi, has approved the implementation of the Kochi metro Rail Phase II of Kochi Metro Rail Project from JLN Stadium to Infopark via Kakkanad, at a cost of Rs.1,957.05 crore, with a length of 11.17 Kms and 11 stations. The preparatory works for Phase-II including road widening of Seaport Airport Road are progressing well.
- Phase-I in Kochi from Aluva to Petta, covering a length of 25.6 Km with 22 stations at an estimated completion cost of Rs.5181.79 crore is fully operational.
- Kochi Metro Phase 1A project of viaduct of 1.80 km between Petta to SN Junction with an approved cost of Rs.710.93 crore. The Project is being implemented as state sector project. Presently all construction activities related with the Project is over and the Project is ready for inauguration.
- Kochi Metro Phase 1 B Project of 1.20 Km from SN Junction to Thripunithura Terminal is under construction as state sector project.
|S.No.||Source||Amount (in Crore)||% Contribution|
|3.||GoI Subordinate Debt for 50% of Central Taxes||63.85||3.77%|
|4.||GoK Subordinate Debt for 50% of Central Taxes||63.85||3.77%|
|5.||GoK Subordinate Debt for 50% of Central Taxes||1016.24||60.00%|
|6.||Total Cost excluding Land, R&R and PPP Components||1693.74||100.00%|
|7.||GoK Subordinate Debt for Land including R&R cost||82.68|
|8.||State Taxes to be borne by GoK||94.19|
|9.||Interest during Construction (IDC) for loan and front end fees to be borne by GoK||39.56|
|10.||PPP Components (AFC)||46.88|
|11.||Total Completion Cost||1957.05|
- Kochi is the most densely populated city in the State of Kerala and is part of an extended metropolitan region, which is the largest urban agglomeration in Kerala.
- Kochi metropolitan area is estimated to have population of about 20.8 Lakh in year 2013, 25.8 Lakh in 2021 and 33.12 Lakh by the year 2031.
Source: PIB | Image Credit (representational): Kochi Metro