IRCON International Limited has issued a Letter of Acceptance (LOA) to M/s Cengrs Geotechnica Pvt. Ltd. for Execution of the work of Geotechnical Investigation for ROB at Valsad Gujarat on DFC Ch: 37+523 (IR Ch: 196+443.07) in connection with Design and Construction of Civil, Building and Track Works for Vaitarna Sachin Section of Dedicated Freight Corridor Project CT F-12
- Tender Ref No.: IRCON/3018/DFCCTP12/ eTender/Geo Inv/BL/ROB/8-356
- Name of Work: “Execution of the work of Geotechnical Investigation for ROB at Valsad Gujarat on DFC Ch: 37+523 (IR Ch: 196+443.07) in connection with Design and Construction of Civil, Building and Track Works for Vaitarna Sachin Section of Dedicated Freight Corridor Project CT F-12.”
- Awarded Value: INR 15.61 Lakh
- Work Completion Period (in days): 25
About the DFC Projects:
- The Ministry of Railways has launched its flagship project, the Dedicated Freight Corridors (DFCs) for construction of approximately 3300 kms of electrified, high axle load track, with liberal space envelope.
- The track is fit for running high capacity wagons and long haul freight trains at maximum speed of 100 km/hr.
- The corridor is between JNPT/ Mumbai and Dadri (Western Corridor) and Kolkata to Ludhiana (Eastern Corridor).
- DFCCIL has been set up as a special purpose vehicle to undertake planning, development, mobilization of financial resources, construction, maintenance and operation of Dedicated Freight Corridors.
- In the first phase, the organisation is constructing the Western DFC (1506 Route km) and Eastern DFC (1875 route km including PPP section of Sonnagar-Dankuni Section.
- The EDFC starting from Sahnewal near Ludhiana (Punjab) will pass through the states of Punjab, Haryana, Uttar Pradesh, Bihar and Jharkhand to terminate at Dankuni in West Bengal.
- The Western Corridor connecting Dadri in Uttar Pradesh to Jawaharlal Nehru Port (JNPT) in Mumbai will traverse through the states of UP, Haryana, Rajasthan, Gujarat and Maharashtra of WDFC & EDFC.
About Cengrs Geotechnica Pvt. Ltd.:
- Cengrs is one of the leading Geotechnical Engineering Consulting firms in India.
- Established in 1990, and led by a team of IIT Delhi graduates.
- They have successfully completed over 6000 projects across India and abroad.
- Powered by over three decades of technical expertise and experience, at Cengrs, are fully adept at conducting the full range of ground investigations, data review & interpretation, and engineering analyses pertaining to the Geo-technical domain.
- With a line-up of state-of-the-art equipment and other allied resources, they provide a comprehensive suite of services, which include Geotechnical Investigations, Topographical and Hydrographical Survey, Laboratory Testing, Foundation Testing, Foundation Construction, and Ground Improvement.
- They have grown from a small startup to a professional organization with more than 150 highly motivated employees.
- Their project line-up includes major thermal power plants, refineries, bridges & highways, commercial & residential infrastructure, metro & railways, etc.
- They are represented in several national forums such as Indian Geotechnical Society, Deep Foundation Institute, Association of Consulting Civil Engineers, Indian Roads Congress and Indian Society of Rock Mechanics & Tunneling Technology.
About IRCON International Limited:
- IRCON International Limited (IRCON), a Schedule “A” & Mini Ratna – I Central Public Sector Undertaking (CPSU), incorporated by the Ministry of Railways, Central government, under the Companies Act, 1956 on 28th April 1976 originally under the name Indian Railway Construction Company Limited.
- IRCON is an integrated engineering and construction company in India operating since last 44 years with specialization in major turnkey infrastructure projects, including Railways, Roads, Highways, Bridges, Flyovers, Tunnels, Aircraft maintenance hangars, Runways, EHV sub-stations, Metro & MRT, and others.
Source: IRCON-Tender Update | Image Credit (representational): MoR