Central Railway completed the Girder insertion work at Level crossing gate no. 67 in Asangaon-Atgaon section of Mumbai Division on 30th October, 2023.
Central Railway achieved this landmark, now LC gate no. 67 will be closed permanently with construction of a new RUB (Road under bridge).
In the shadow block, the 70 years old Steel Girder bridge in Kasara-Umbermali section was replaced by PSC slab. 2 old steel girders removed and 9 PSC slabs and 2 PSC retainers inserted.
Key achievements of Central Railway between April to September 2023:
- Till now, 21 Road Over Bridges (ROB) have been completed and Total 30 Road Over Bridges (ROB) sanctioned.
- 14 Road Under Bridges (RUB) have been completed and Total 90 Road Under Bridges (RUB) sanctioned.
- 20 LC gates closed.
- INR 714.35 Crores expenditure planned for ROB/RUB for LC gate closure this year.
- INR 348.31 Crores expenditure done till now (48.75%).
- Central Railway is committed to gradual closure of all LC gates for improvement in safety and punctuality of trains.
Source: Central Railway | Images Credit: Central Railway