Shri Sanjeev Mittal, General Manager, Central Railway inaugurated the Information Technology Cell (ITC) and Skill Development Centre (SDC) through webinar at Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus on 14.12.2020. Shri Atul Pathak, Principal Chief Security Commissioner was present at CSMT and Principal Heads of Departments and Divisional Railway Managers of Central Railway were present through webinar link
- Central Railway Mumbai Division, by virtue of its uniqueness in terms volume of traffic and population it caters to, faces various unparalleled external challenges (eg: E-touting, ticketing fraud).
- On the other hand, Internal dynamics changes due to implementation of various e-projects, Security Modern Equipments are inducted day by day.
- To understand the system in a better manner, ITC & SDC, a first of its kind on Central Railway is established.
About IT Cell:
- IT Cell deals with collection, collation and analysis of data by using:
- PRABAL software
- Call Detail Record (CDR)
- Subscriber Details Record (SDR)
- Financial transactions
- CCTV footages
- It provides technical assistance for e-touting investigation and monitoring of implementation of various e-projects and new initiatives like:
- HRMS (Human Resource Management System)
- RSMS (RPF Security Management System)
- RBMS (RPF Barrack Management System)
- E-Suvidha – personnel portal for RPF staff
- E-Beat for staff on duty and 182 – Railway Security Helpline.
- IT Cell also does cyberspace patrolling thereby keep eye on the Web, YouTube, Facebook and other social media platforms to check proliferation of railway related cyber crime.
- It also keeps an eye from the sky using drones-Ninja, keep check on resurfacing of e-touts and other fraudsters in the market.
About Skill Development Centre:
- Skill Development Centre established to provide online/Offline classes in:
- PRABAL Data Analysis
- CDR Analysis
- E-touting investigation
- Cyberspace Surveillance
- Facial Recognition System
- Machine learning and AI based surveillance
- CCTV Monitoring
- 182- Railway Security Helpline and Response System
- Modern Security and Communication Equipments and Soft skills and attitudinal change
- Technically Qualified and willing personnel selected mostly from the new recruits and cadets, and checked basic understanding on computers and cyberspace by conducting personal interviews.
- ITC & SDC and GRP Cyber Cell are located in the same building to ensure proper coordination and exchange of expertise and information.
Source: Central Railway-Press Release