Share with your network
In its efforts to fight against COVID-19 pandemic, Central Railway (CR) is playing a vital role in all aspects. Since nationwide lockdown-1 Railways have continued to run freight and parcel traffic to maintain the supply chain.
During the lockdown, Central Railway carried 11.46 million tonnes of goods through 2.18 lakh wagons which includes Coal, Food Grains, Sugar, Petroleum products, Fertilizers, Containers, Iron and Steel, Cement, onions and other miscellaneous goods.
- Of the total 2.18 lakh wagons, CR carried:
- 87,559 wagons of Coal to various power plants, to ensure un-interrupted supply of electricity during this corona virus threat
- 2,577 wagons of Food grains and Sugar to maintain the timely distribution of food and supplies to all
- 8,194 wagons of fertilizers
- 2,093 wagons of onions for the benefit of farmers
- 21,860 Tank wagons of Petroleum products for smooth supply of fuel to all stake holders
- 4,600 wagons of Iron and Steel to run the industries
- 69,588 Container wagons
- 9,211 wagons of other miscellaneous products
- During this period of lockdown, about 2.22 lakh wagons unloaded on Central Railway jurisdiction including its all 5 divisions.
- Also, CR has decided to run special parcel trains to maintain the supply chain of essential commodities.
- During the lockdown period, CR has dispatched 12,625 Tonnes of essential commodities including Medicines/pharma products, Food /perishable items, E-commerce products.
Source: CR-Press Release
Be the first to comment