Central Railway (CR) is operating 200 select suburban services from 15th June for essential staff as identified by the State Government on its suburban sections of Main line and Harbour line. The workshops of Central Railway have also geared up for maintenance activities.
- Sanapda Workshop turned out its first EMU rake after periodic overhauling (POH).
- While performing all requisite activities, social distancing, PPEs, workplace sanitisation and thermal screening of staff is being ensured.
- Suburban rakes are periodically overhauled every 24 months.
- Works on wheel, bogie, coach repair, and rotating equipment such as traction motors, compressors and pantograph are carried out.
- Special attention is being given for improvement in passenger amenities such as better LED lighting, stainless steel fans, PU painting, intensive cleaning of interiors.
- The Parel workshop has also turned out Tower Wagon after periodic overhauling (POH).
- Tower wagon is a self-propelled vehicle used for OverHead Equipment (OHE) maintenance in normal days and for attending breakdowns in emergencies.
- It is a very important vehicle for division due to its role during exigencies.
- It is placed at a strategic location from where it can easily reach in section.
- Mumbai Division Karjat based Tower Wagon was sent to Parel Workshop for Periodic Maintenance Work which was carried out during lockdown and rolled out of the workshop recently.
Parel workshop has also turned out Tower Wagon after periodic overhauling (POH). Tower wagon is a self-propelled vehicle used for OverHead Equipment (OHE) maintenance in normal days and for attending breakdowns during exigencies. pic.twitter.com/7QTEL2C2RL
— Central Railway (@Central_Railway) June 24, 2020
Source: CR-Press Release