Share with your network
Chennai Metro Rail Limited has awarded the contract for the procurement of 60 Kg HH 1080 Grade Rails to M/s Mitsui & Co., Ltd, Japan, and the agreement has been signed at a cost of Rs. 163.31 Crores.
- The agreement is signed by Mr. T. Archunan Director Projects, CMRL and Mr. Hajime Miyake, Senior General Manager, Mitsui & Co., Ltd Japan.
- The total quantity of Rails to be supplied is 13885 MT. The production of rails along with testing procedures will start from the month of April 2023.
- The supply of rails is planned in three lots between September 2023 and February 2025. These rails will be used in Corridor 3 between Madhavaram to Sholinganallur and Corridor 5 between Madhavaram to CMBT tracks of CMRL Phase-2 project.
- Mr. S. Ashok Kumar, CGM (T&EC), Mr. Livingstone, CGM (PP&D), Tmt. Rekha Prakash, CGM (PD) were present along with Mr. Amit Tandon and Mr. S.K.Bhan from M/s. Mitsui & Co., Ltd Japan and other officials of CMRL were present during the signing of the Contract.
About Chennai Metro Phase-2:
- Phase II expansion has been planned for a length of 118.9 Km network with 128 nos. Of Stations. It consists of three Corridors i.e. Corridor -3 – From Madhavaram to SIPCOT (45.8 Km), Corridor -4 – From Lighthouse to Poonamalle Bypass (26.1 Km), Corridor-5- From Madhavaram to Sholinganallur (47 Km).
- The estimated cost of the project is ₹63246/- Cr (Rupees Sixty three thousand two hundred and forty six only) (including IDC). The project is proposed to be completed by the end of 2026.
Source: Chennai Metro- Press Release | Images Credit: Chennai Metro
Be the first to comment