Chennai Metro Rail is introducing a brand-new system–“No more Q, only QR”. To enhance passenger comfort, they only need to scan the QR code that is displayed at the stations.
- Scanning the QR code will direct the passenger to the ticketing page of CMRL. Here, they can select the desired destination as well as choose a payment method.
- All the Digital payment options such as UPI, Net banking, Credit/Debit banking, etc., are available for payment of the fare. In Android mobile phones, if UPI is selected, the phone will list out all the UPI Apps that are installed on the phone.
- Passengers may select any one of them and only need to enter their security PIN to proceed.
- QR tickets are automatically generated and downloaded to mobile devices. Presently 20% discount is available on the mobile QR ticket.
- For its customers, CMRL always strives to provide the finest possible travel experience.
- The new feature of QR Code Ticketing was launched by Thiru. M.A. Siddique, I.A.S., Principal Secretary / Managing Director of Chennai Metro Rail Limited today (03.08.2022) at Koyambedu Metro Station. Thiru. Rajesh Chaturvedi, Director (Systems & Operations) along with Senior Officials and Staff of CMRL were present during the occasion.
Source: Chennai Metro -Press Release | Image Credit (representational): CMRL