- Commuters will now no longer have to wait in endless queues to book their tickets as it can all be done within minutes simply within their WhatsApp.
- CMRL’s WhatsApp chatbot is available in English and Tamil for all commuters of Chennai Metro. To use the service, commuters need to simply send, “Hi” to +91 83000 86000 or just scan the QR code provided at all metro stations and choose from a host of services such as – booking their tickets, checking details on fares or routes, picking starting points and destination stations and so on.
During the launch, Mr. M.A. Siddique, I.A.S., Managing Director, CMRL stated, “At Chennai Metro Rail Limited, we have always been at the forefront of providing the best in class services to our customers. Today, we are proud to announce the launch of the CMRL’s WhatsApp chatbot for all Chennai Metro commuters. This WhatsApp chatbot will provide commuters a faster and easy digital solution at their fingertips. Passengers can now conveniently book their tickets, check fares and avail a host of other related services from within the safe and reliable interface of their WhatsApp. And this will add immense value and convenience to commuters by saving their time and doing away with long queues. This service will also carry the existing 20% discount.”
- Mr. Rajesh Chaturvedi, Director (Systems and Operations), Mr. T. Archunan, Director (Projects), Associate Director of Karix, Mr. Aliasgar Shabbir Bhopalwala, Senior officials and staff of CMRL were present during the occasion.
Terms & Conditions of WhatsApp Ticketing Service:
- For Single Journey ticket and Group of tickets up to a maximum of 6, QR Ticket will be generated for each passenger.
- Validity of QR ticket is at the end of the business day. But once entry is done, passengers should exit within 120 mins from the destination.
- For Exit at Source station, Passenger should exit within 20 mins from the time of entry.
- Tickets cannot be booked after Business Hours.
- Cancellation of tickets is not allowed in WhatsApp Ticketing.
Source: Chennai Metro- Press Release | Images Credit: CMRL