Chennai Metro Rail Limited (CMRL) has been operating its passenger services from 21st june 2021 post lockdown imposed by Government of Tamil Nadu due to Covid-19 pandemic. Presently CMRL is operating its Metro Train Services with 50% capacity as per the instructions of Government of Tamil Nadu.
- A total of 44,76,111 passengers have travelled in the Metro Trains from 21.06.2021 to 31.08.2021.
- A total of 3,55,579 passengers have travelled in the Metro Trains from 21.06.2021 to 30.06.2021.
- A total of 18,46,466 passengers have travelled in the Metro Trains from 01.07.2021 to 31.07.2021.
- A total of 22,74,066 passengers have travelled in the Metro Trains from 01.08.2021 to 31.08.2021.
- On 27.08.2021 a maximum of 88,579 passengers have used the Metro Trains to commute.
- In the month of August, 2021 a total of 35,180 passengers have utilised the QR Code ticketing system, while 12,19,967 passengers have used Travel Card Ticketing System.
- CMRI. offers a 20% discount on QR Code ticketing namely Single Journey Q.R Ticket, Return Journey Q.R Ticket, Group Q.R Ticket and Q.R Trip passes from 11.09.2020, 20% discount fares on using Metro Train Travel Cards from 22.02.2021.
- In addition, a penalty of Rs.200/- is being imposed for not properly wearing Face masks in metro Trains and Metro Stations.
- So far a total of 242 passengers have been levied penalty from 21.06.2021 till 31.08.2021 for non-adherence and a sum of Rs.48,400 has been collected as penalty.
Covid-19 Safety measures undertaken by CMRL:
- All Passengers and Staff are screened at the entrance of Metro Stations through Thermal Scanning.
- Only asymptomatic passengers are allowed to enter into the metro stations.
- Guidelines for Do’s and Don’ts have been put up at all Metro Stations for creating awareness among passengers.
- Crowd Control/Platform Management Staff have been deployed in Stations and suitable markings like “X” have been indicated on alternate seats both in trains and platforms to ensure social distancing.
- Passengers are requested to avoid unnecessary travel outside their home.
- It is mandatory to wear face masks at all Metro Station premises and inside Metro Trains as also to maintain social distance while waiting in the Metro Stations and during travelling in Metro Trains.
- Request all passengers to cooperate with CMRL in the fight against the spread of Covid-19.
Source: CMRL-Press Release | Image Credit (representational): CMRL