Chennai Metro Rail Limited (CMRL) has been operating its passenger services from 21st June 2021 post lockdown imposed by Government of Tamil Nadu due to COVID-19 pandemic. Presently CMRL is operating its Metro Train Services as per the instructions of Government of Tamil Nadu.
- A total of 1,30,55,833 passengers have travelled in the Metro Trains from 21.06.2021 to 30.11.2021.
- A total of 1,02,31,685 passengers have travelled in the Metro Trains from 21.06.2021 to 31.10.2021.
- A total of 29,24,148 passengers have travelled in the Metro Trains from 01.11.2021 to 30.11.2021.
- On 25.11.2021 a maximum of 1,31,177 passengers have used the Metro Trains to commute.
- In the month of November, 2021 a total of 45,609 passengers have utilised the QR Code ticketing system, while 16,16,958 passengers have used Travel Card Ticketing System.
- CMRL offers a 20% discount on QR Code ticketing namely Single Journey Q.R Ticket, Return Journey Q.R Ticket, Group Q.R Ticketand Q.R Trip passes from 11.09.2020,20% discount fares on using Metro Train Travel Cards from 22.02.2021.
Covid-19 Safety measures undertaken by CMRL:
- Passengers are requested to avoid unnecessary travel outside their home.
- It is mandatory to wear face masks at all Metro Station premises and inside Metro Trains as also to maintain social distancing while waiting in the Metro Stations and during travelling in Metro Trains.
- Request all passengers to cooperate with CMRL in the fight against the spread of COVID-19.
Recently, Chennai Metro Rail Limited (CMRL) has invited the following tender:
- Tender Reference Number: DFRMaduraiMRTS2021
- Name of Work: Request for Proposal (RFP) for Selection of Consultant for Preparation of Feasibility Study Report for introducing a Mass Rapid Transit System in Madurai city.
- EMD Amount: INR 5,00,000
- Document Download / Sale Start Date: 11-Nov-2021
- Document Download / Sale End Date: 09-Dec-2021
- Pre Bid Meeting Date: 20-Nov-2021
- Bid Submission Start Date: 30-Nov-2021
- Bid Submission End Date: 09-Dec-2021
- Bid Opening Date: 10-Dec-2021
- Tender Reference Number: CMRL/PHASE-1EXTN/BW-ACWP/02
- Name of work: Supply, fabrication and fixing of steel supporting system to support Auto Coach wash plant, including Plumbing & drainage works, design of temporary works and all associated works of CMRL Wimco nagar Depot for Phase-I Extn Project.
- EMD Amount: INR 1.61 Lakh
- Duration of Contract: 180 days
- Document Download / Sale Start Date: 08-Nov-2021
- Document Download / Sale End Date: 07-Dec-2021
- Bid Submission Start Date: 01-Dec-2021
- Bid Submission End Date: 07-Dec-2021
- Bid Opening Date: 08-Dec-2021
Source: CMRL-Press Release | Image Credit (representational): CMRL