In an endeavour to provide the Last Mile Connectivity to passengers travelling in Metro Trains. CMRL in association with Uber, Taxi Service Platform and Rapido Bike Taxi Service Platform, have launched last mile connectivity solutions at the Metro Stations.
Uber Autos at Five Metro Stations:
- The last mile connectivity measures will provide pick up and drop off zones for Uber Autos at five Metro Stations in Chennai.
- During the first phase of this initiative, the exclusive designated zones are set up at Guindy, Alandur, Egmore, Koyambedu, and Thirumangalam Metro Stations, enabling users to have an enhanced and seamless commute experience.
- Uber will also provide ground support at these designated zones to ensure riders have access to Uber Autos round the clock.
- Additionally, it has rolled out a promotional offer of 20% discount (max discount Rs. 50) on Auto rides, to and from these five Metro stations.
- The offer will be valid until August 31, 2022.
- To avail this offer, registered riders need to tap on the profile icon on the top right of the app’s home screen, select “Wallet”, scroll down to “Promotions”, select “Add Promo Code”and type in the code UBERCMRL.
Rapido Bike Taxi at 22 Metro Stations:
- Rapido Bike Taxi, a growing bike taxi and auto service platform will provide last mile connectivity services at total of 22 Metro Stations namely Airport Metro, Arignar Anna Alandur Metro, Guindy Metro, Little Mount Metro, LIC Metro, Government Estate Metro, High Court Metro, Thiyagaraya College Metro, Tiruvottriyur Metro, Wimco Nagar Metro, St.Thomas Mount Metro, Ekkattuthangal Metro, Ashok Nagar Metro, Vadapalani Metro, Koyambedu Metro, Thirumangalam Metro, Anna Nagar Tower Metro, Pachaiyappa’s College Metro, Kilpauk Metro, Nehru Park Metro, Egmore Metro, Puratchi Thalaivar Dr. M.G. Ramachandran Central Metro Station for commencing the services.
- Rapido also provides a 30% discount on rides, to and from the above said metro stations.
- To avail the service, passengers can download the Rapido Bike Taxi app on iOS/android, login from their account, and start booking.
- Once booked, the amount and captain details appear on the homepage and their personnel will be at the pick-up location in no time.
- Thiru. Rajesh Chaturvedi, Director (Systems and Operations) inaugurated the Last Mile Connectivity initiatives on 05-03-2022 at Koyambedu Metro Station.
- Thiru. S. Satheesh Prabhu, AGM (RSO) and Senior Officials and Staff of CMRL were present during the occasion.
Source: CMRL-Press Release